About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
Are you ready to architect a global, secure, highly available, resilient hybrid cloud platform If yes, we are looking for you to take the role of &ldquoSenior Cloud Architect &ndash AWS&rdquo to be part of the team that will define the architecture for AWS platform in the bankWhat you will do
What you will bring
- Be part of the team to shape the hybrid cloud strategy for the bank
- Drive and influence the adoption of AWS cloud services to solve business and technology challenges
- Architect and design AWS cloud services to meet the security, resilience, availability requirements
- Define functional and non-functional requirements for AWS cloud service onboarding
- Deliver solution architecture work for AWS cloud services
- Perform architecture assessments on AWS cloud services to meet bank&rsquos requirements
- Architect & Design the core infrastructure solution for the AWS cloud services
- Work with application architects to build solutions on AWS for specific workloads
- Build architectures that scalable, resilient, secure, fault tolerant, compliant with regulations
- Build prototypes to validate the design and conformance to standards
- Work with Amazon AWS architects to drive the bank&rsquos agenda, provide feedback for service improvements to meet bank&rsquos requirements
- Build relationships with cloud architects, engineers across Cloud, DevOps and Business functions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Deep understanding in AWS cloud services across compute, containers, serverless, storage, network and content delivery
- Deep understanding RDBMS and No-sql/in-memory database services on AWS
- Deep understanding of security, identity and compliance in AWS services
- Deep understanding of building hybrid cloud architecture
- Strong expertise building solution architecture and design on AWS cloud services
- Strong experience in cloud native technologies and frameworks
- Strong experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practise, tooling and techniques (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, git Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Packer, Rundeck, Ansible, AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Ability to do rapid prototyping and testing
- Ability to use context to drive relevant architecture decisions
- Goes without saying, able to sketch architecture diagrams and solutions
- Ability to bring multiple perspectives & dimensions while solving a problem and identify solutions
- Ability to zoom in/out to see different things and uncover details to build relevant architectures
- Bachelor&rsquos Degree with minimum of 10 years of software delivery and business experience in the financial services industry with at least 3 years of experience on cloud technologies
- Industry certifications on Cloud and Container technologies
- Experience with adopting and executing technical standards, process and governance across a broad project portfolio.
- Preferred demonstrated capability in automation, cloud and open source technologies
- Extensive experience with formal Agile SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in modern technologies, cloud, API&rsquos, and open source
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.