Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.Why join us
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who is well versed in Xceptor and Thunderhead application. As a Sr. BA, you would be responsible performing gap analysis, coordinate with different teams & stakeholders, assist in testing and actively get involved in production issues.The Opportunity:
What you'll do:
- We are reasonable d IT Product delivery team where resources geographically spread in India, Canada and China, responsible for streamlining long form confirmation process.
- We are looking to make the process of confirmation generation, matching and its sub processes simpler, more efficient and most importantly more focused on evidencing. At the moment they still carry out some of their tasks via an array of dis-connected communication channels & methods that is complex and time-consuming
- We are looking to optimise this by enhancing a platform that will provide them with single ‘one-stop shop confirmation tool. The platform in essence will facilitate ingestion of a broad range of data (from various global sources of data), will carry out Workflow on that data and will present it in a Portal / User Interface.
- Although this is not a trading or payment system, it is an important and high profile application for the Bank.
- We are DevOps. Everyone in our team will do production release and production support on rotation. We take iterative delivery approach using Minimum Viable Product (MVP). We have formed a close working relationship with our business and are starting to operate as ‘1 team with the business Product Owner.
- Participate and contribute to the relevant workshops (business and IT) which aims to clarify requirements and scope definitions
- Documentation of current state of systems or processes linked to this project
- Carrying out the analysis required to iron-out or beef up the business requirements, this will require effective working relationship with associated system SME's
- Creation of HSBC functional specification document, ensuring clear traceability to the Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Appropriate walkthrough be carried out and ensure sign-offs are secured to finalise the document
- Participate in the review of the vendor configuration document, ensuring that Business Requirements are addressed as expected
- Support the testing team in developing scenarios for appropriate testing activities
- Participate in the applicable test phases ensuring that systems are tested thoroughly according to the business requirements and functional specification document
- Creation of applicable documentations (e.g. System documents) as and when applicable
- Support the Project Manager in completing the applicable Non Functional Requirements (NFR)
- Build effective working relationship with counterpart BA's from Business Operations
- Maintain full and up-to-date understanding of the business strategy.
- Actively get involved in resolving production issues.
QualificationsWhat you will need to succeed in the role:
What additional skills will be good to have
- Must have experience with WSI Xceptor / Thunderhead Products
- Must have comprehensive knowledge in Derivatives Trade Life Cycle, Workflow Process & Confirmations domain
- Hands on experience in writing queries in MS SQL, PowerShell.
- Good understanding of SLDC, Trade life cycle, confirmation process, etc.
- Good Understanding of different methodologies of development.
- Experience in performing analysis using various tools, like excel and present the same to relevant stakeholders.
- Well versed with MS office tools like PowerPoint, word, one note.
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum and associate software's like Jira, Confluence.
- Basic understanding of Continuous integrations using Jenkins or similar CI tool.
You'll achieve more at HSBC
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills i.e. both verbal & written
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***