Love to work in Digital Advertising one of the biggest revenue drivers for internet giants of the world and Amazon's fastest-growing business with an explosive growth
Love to conceptualise and build applications from grounds-up Like to develop real-time, distributed, large-scale, and modern front-end applications Like to interact with worldwide advertising customers to build systems that makes advertising and it's functions automated and frictionless Interested in being part of a worldwide Advertising Customer Experience team Then, Software Development team that builds Tier-1 Advertising Experience wants you!
Amazon Advertising is looking for an entrepreneurial Software Development Manager who shares Amazon Advertising's passion for building and delivering a global, scaleable, extensible, and secure platform that singularly manages the Sourcing, Storage, Supply, Aggregation, Processing, Reporting of billions of clicks and impressions across multiple Advertising Billing, Budgeting, Financial, Front-End and Payments services. You will invent and ship software that directly impacts our end customer experience. You'll develop your team of highly motivated and talented multi-functional builders (front and backend developers) who can collaborate with product managers, technical specialists, and principals across the company. You will participate in defining the technology roadmap for our advertising billing and payments strategy, and shape building technology tools that can disrupt the billing industry. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. You will encounter challenging, novel situations every day and given the of this initiative, you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. We're looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, can demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history and craft beautiful products.
A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, and a history of growing their talent, and ability go hands-on with their technologies to identify the real problems you're solving. Written and verbal communication in this role are critical: you will author narratives that will be consumed by Amazonians at all levels, including executive leadership.
Key Technical Challenges:
Distributed and Scalable Architecture: Looking at advertising international expansion and business growth plans for next year, we expect this traffic to grow 10X in near future. Billing and Budgeting system should be easily scalable to manage exponential increase in traffic and extensible to support different business needs.
High Availability: Downtime of Billing and Budgeting system can cause a huge loss in revenue and loss of business opportunity for our advertisers. High Availability architecture is to make sure that the system is configured to handle different loads and different failures with minimal or no downtime.
Precision: Every click or impression needs to be counted, accounted, invoiced, and charged in near real-time, without any exception. It impacts both revenue and regulatory compliance. We need to build generic and extensible reconcilers for any anomaly detection and raising an appropriate alarm.
Tags: SDE, SDE-II, Software Development Engineer
Key job responsibilities
- Business problem is defined. Technology strategy is not defined.
- Delivers independently, with limited guidance.
- Solves complex software problems. Solutions are extensible and scale. Removes bottlenecks. Makes trade-offs: short-term vs. long-term technical decisions.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys software.
- Lead large projects. Knows how to divide so they can work in parallel with other SDEs and reassemble into a cohesive launch.
- 100% NAWS Technologies
About the team
WW Advertising consists of Self-Service Performance Advertising (SA) and Display Advertising (DA) segments. We develop core services and tools to support automated invoicing, payments, accounting, budgeting, promotions, and advertiser experience (AX). Our services enable to issue XMM accurate, timely, and tax-compliant invoices for XMM advertisers per month, accounting for $XB in yearly revenue WW. A successful workflow consists of 1) near real-time delivery data and metadata 2) generating timely and accurate invoices 3) budgeting to empower advertisers to define spending limits 4) collecting payments for billable services 5) booking all financial transactions 6) providing frictionless experience via web applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on Back-End engineering and Full-Stack development.
- Experience with MVC frameworks, Ruby on Rails or Spring MVC, event driven workflow frameworks such as Akka, Storm, etc.
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews.
- Experience building scalable back-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Exposure to back-end libraries/framework - primarily Spring, Hibernate.
- Able to solve difficult software problems with some ambiguity.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on back-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Able to dive into the source code of frameworks and libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer's devices, etc.).
- Good knowledge of AWS Services and IAAS/SAAS concepts.