Job Description :
Amazon.com's Risk Management Team has a worldwide reputation as the #1 in eCommerce Fraud Prevention. Trust and Safety of our customers comes first. Always. We thrive on maintaining the highest bar of customer experience while we maintain those tenets. Do you want to join a team that uses cutting edge technology including machine learning and statistical modeling techniques, cloud computing services and highly available and scalable distributed systems that supports hundreds of millions of transactions across the globe
The Unified Risk Evaluation System team owns the charter of evaluating bad actor risk of all kinds (Buyer, Seller, Vendor) across entities such as Orders, Purchases, Signins and any event that will be useful to evaluate risky behavior. We process every single order and purchase in real time, totaling to more than 50 Billion evaluations in a year saving Billions of dollars that would otherwise be lost to bad actors. We build self-service capabilities to experiment new machine learning models and make it easy to onboard and manage 100s of risk use cases all over the world. We are the gate keepers of customer trust by preventing bad actors from doing damage to good customers or scamming Amazon. The problems we solve will challenge the best in terms of scale, ingenuity of bad actors and the cost of making risk decisions through bold goals we take such as automate 100% of risk decisions or reduce fraud and Abuse by 50% year over year.
Come join the best in class team of engineers, who are owners, and inventors. We are at the intersection of Machine Learning and Security, while delivering customer impact at amazon scale. Interact with ML scientists on a daily basis, and build the platform to beat to keep the bad guys out.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong in Object-oriented design, data structures and design patterns
- Good problem solving and ability to develop optimal algorithms
- 3+ years of experience in Java, C++, C# , Ruby or Python.
- 3+ years of industry experience in designing and implementing distributed N-tier software systems
- Experience developing on a Linux platform
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong debugging, monitoring , diagnosing skills for IT systems
- Keen eye for performance, security and scalability aspects
- Coaching and guiding cross-functional engineers
- Strong exposure to automated testing and test coverage aspects
Preferred Qualifications :
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, including data structure and algorithms
- Experience developing software services with an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Knowledge of professional software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning