Job Description :
Are you interested in building intelligence systems from the ground up
Are you interested in working with Applied Scientists, Big Data Engineers and Software Development Engineers to build large-scale data intelligence systems
Are you interested to work in a team that positively impacts different key pillars of Amazon like Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Auto inventory purchasing, Auto inventory removal, Inventory placement
Are you interested in working for a team that builds cool systems yet has great work-life balance
Profit intelligence systems measures, predicts true profit(/loss) for each item as a result of a specific shipment to an Amazon customer.
Profit Intelligence is all about providing intelligent ways for Amazon to understand profitability across retail business. What are the hidden factors driving the growth or profitability across millions of shipments each day
Profit Intelligence provides these answers.
We compute the profitability of each and every shipment that gets shipped out of Amazon. Guess what, we predict the profitability of future possible shipments too. We are a team of agile, can-do engineers, who believe that not only are moon shots possible but that they can be done before lunch. All it takes is finding new ideas that challenge our preconceived notions of how things should be done. Process and procedure matter less than ideas and the practical work of getting stuff done. This is a place for exploring the new and taking risks.
We push the envelope in using cloud services in AWS as well as the latest in distributed systems, forecasting algorithms, and data mining.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who can build complex software solutions to enable large scale and complex stream processing that involves application of simple allocations to complex ML Models. You will work together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of Applied scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts. As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap, and development of this set of product features from beginning to end.
- Build and operate our foundational data infrastructure comprising of the entire spectrum of AWS Services - Storage (Redshift Data Shares, s3 data lakes), Orchestration (Step Functions, Glue and Internal Java Based Orchestration Tools), Processing (Spark & Flink - KDA), Streaming services (AWS Kinesis) and real-time large scale event aggregation stores.
- Build and scale our ingestion pipeline for scale, speed, reliability and multi tenancy. Read from a variety of upstream systems (SNS Topics, Postgres, DynamoDB, MySQL, APIs), in both batch and streaming fashion, including change data capture. Making it fully configurable and self-service for non-engineers.
- Build and evolve tools that empower Amazonians to access data and build reliable, scalable and configurable way to generate Unit Economics for all Amazon Businesses. This includes UIs and frameworks for configuring rules, simulating their application, approval workflows for rule changes, APIs and caching layers for high-throughput serving of Unit Economics Historicals and Predictions.
- Build systems that secure and govern our data end to end: control access across multiple storage and access layers (like in-house Reporting Applications and BI tools), track data quality, catalogue datasets and their lineage, detect duplication, audit usage and ensure correct data semantics.
- You will be responsible for designing and building platforms for crunching 100s of TB of in-coming data from dozens of sources and financial events around the company.
To learn more about Financial Intelligence Systems, visit our page at
Basic Qualifications :
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Strong problem solving and complexity analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++ or Java
- Experience taking a project from inception through launch. Includes in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and management of collecting requirements, describing software product features, and producing technical designs
- Proficiency in software engineering best practices.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems - Flink, KDA, KDS, Spark, Hadoop and EMR
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems ability to think abstractly
- Web UI experience a plus
- Agile experience a plus