The Role ResponsibilitiesPROJECT PLANNING
MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Responsible to deliver technology solutions in line with organizational standards.
- Engage the (ITO) User Experience Team when requirements are being defined.
- Develop the PMP for review and maintain over the lifecycle of the project.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan (in Clarity, Open Workbench and/or MS Project).
- Report progress against key milestones and deliverables at each PWG meetings.
- Escalate key risks to PSC in time.
- Ensure high quality and measurable exit criteria are established for project deliverables so governance and controls can be applied and any deviations tracked accordingly.
- Review delivery status against PED commitments in Closure Report (with Accountable Executive). Participate in post implementation reviews and share lessons learned.
- Set up, organise and participate in Project Working Groups (PWGs) with the all stakeholders to drive project deliverables effectively.
- Ensure meetings are run on a regular basis (in line with the terms of reference) and that actions and minutes are captured and circulated in a timely manner. Prepare materials for Committees and other key meetings, as required.
- Maintain / update project details in Clarity using PED content as the baseline. Populate with key project milestones, impacted processes, systems and countries, project financials and benefits, key project staff including AE, PM and work stream leads and High probability / High impact Risks and High impact Issues in line with the stipulated operating rhythm.
- Submit a weekly status report in Clarity, on time and to the requisite quality.
- Ensure RAG status is reported to PRC, PGC(s)/FORC(s) at least quarterly, and monthly if Amber for 3 or more months.
- Act as the single point of contact for stakeholders on all technology matters relating to the project. Work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders (including third parties) across the project lifecycle, managing delivery of and providing direction within the project. Key stakeholders will include Function / Product Heads and Technology Heads / Teams.
- Maintain register of Change Requests and cumulative impact on time, cost and benefits.
- Ensure the project is closed in Clarity.
- Establish and maintain top Risks, Issues and Dependencies in Clarity (using PED as baseline).
- Manage mitigation / remediation plans.
- Escalate top RAIDs, and changes/closure of Top Risks/Issues, to PSC.
- At project closure, ensure outstanding issues have an owner in BAU and any outstanding external Dependencies are closed out.
- Ensure financial discipline in project budgeting, forecasting and expenditure, managing against the approved budget in the PED. The PED may request approval for the full amount budgeted, or a portion, to deliver more certain requirements in a shorter duration.
- Maintain project financials including dedicated resource costs (business, function, ITO, external) per key deliverable.
- Ensure financials (Actual and Forecast) are updated in Clarity, in line with the stipulated operating rhythm.
- Ensure detailed project financial reporting to PSC includes Cash and P&L Budget, Actual & Forecast.
- Manage timesheet entry and accruals. Ensure timesheets are submitted in Clarity by project team members every Friday and before month-end.
- Manage Financials and Accruals and finalise at project closure. Ensure any ongoing BAU support (flow through) costs are passed through to Production Support team.
- Manage technology design and build, ensuring end users are engaged (where appropriate) and the technology solution: takes the user into account, standardises the experience across applications and adheres to UX principles and standards.
- Schedule and conduct quality reviews of key project deliverables (PMP, BRD, FSD, technical design, etc) and ensure ITO and Group Standards are met for all technology deliverables.
- Prepare stakeholder matrix covering roles and responsibilities and who will approve project deliverables maintain in the PMP. Agree go live / release process (Go/No Go etc) with PM (coordinating relevant stakeholders in technology).
- Ensure key specification docs (BRD, FSD) are approved as per stakeholder matrix.
- Ensure the solution architecture and designs are defined and agreed, and conform to architectural standards.
- Ensure all stages of the technology work stream are verified and signed off.
- Ensure traceability between business requirements, functional and technical design and system testing to release.
- Ensure robust test planning as per SDF appropriateness and completeness of test conditions and cases, SIT plan and SIT final report and release impact analysis
- Ensure key project artefacts are stored (and appropriately maintained and protected) in the Project Document Repository (PDR) and are audit ready.
- Identify Critical Processes impacted by project and record in PED.
- Engage stakeholders early for Communications Plan, Training, Commercialisation, etc.
- Develop and execute Communications, Training and Commercialisation Plan.
- Assess readiness for change in Business/ Function/ Country.
- Ensure a defined transition plan and support model is in place.
- Ensure System Readiness Acceptance (SRA) completed and Production Support accept delivery.
- Ensure relevant (technology) resources are trained on the application changes.
Manage post cutover support (e.g. issue fixes) and ensure smooth transition to BAURESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Develop Resourcing and Training plan for project headcount. Obtain requisite approvals and ensure resources (with the right capabilities) are secured across business, function and ITO and are assigned appropriate tasks / responsibilities. Where resourcing constraints are identified, engage relevant stakeholders to ensure adequate resources with appropriate skills and experience are deployed.
- Manage the onboarding / offboarding of technology resources for the project.
- Manage priorities, having regard to resource constraints.
- Report actual versus required resources to the PSC on a regular basis. Maintain and report resource forecast with monthly granularity.
- Engage with Procurement to select supplier(s).
- Ensure formal agreement of contracts before starting work.
- Manage supplier delivery and performance throughout the project. Ensure all matters relating to technology vendors are managed by ITO only (the Business must not contact technology vendors directly).
- Ensure all invoices are paid.
- Ensure supplier contracts are stored in PDR.
PROJECT POLICY CONTROLS
- Ensure the benefits plan is periodically reviewed by the AE, and is reviewed and re-forecasted when a Red Pack is raised.
- Assist with benefits realisation ownership handover at project closure.
GOVERNANCE AND CONTROL
- Engage the Technology Council and Enterprise Change Governance.
- Critical process owners (or rep) approve Business Requirements and conduct an operational risk OR) assessment and seek approval from Risk Control Owner (RCO) and OR. PGCs/FORCs may sign-off in place of POs for Property or Information Technology & Operations (ITO) projects for the installation of standard platforms.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Ensure that internal processes, standards, risk and compliance requirements are adhered to for each project managed (including procurement, privacy, security, regulatory and audit requirements).
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Ensure compliance with all governance frameworks where there are direct touch points with them or any subsequent downstream influence from the ITO Team.
- Lead through example, building an appropriate (team) culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations with team and stakeholders, and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Extensive experience and a track record of success in managing projects of complex, large scale IT projects within a large, rapidly changing environment. Experience and deep understanding of SDLC and waterfall methodology (preferably Agile too). Some time spent operating at the Group level of a sizaeble international (financial services) company would be an advantage.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Proven ability to plan and prioritise an extensive and complex set of issues and drive multiple agenda. Has a strong understanding of the operational environment, processes and controls needed to execute requirements.
- Has excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills oral, written and presentation.
- Pragmatic, customer-focused approach. Expert problem solving and solution finding skills, with a proven ability to manage / influence senior leaders and challenge appropriately.
- Market Knowledge: awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Business Strategy and Model: awareness and understanding of the firm&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Financial Management and Control: proven experience in managing project finances (forecasting, actuals, accruals), identifying key issues based on financial information and putting in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Proven experience in managing external vendors.
- Risk Management and Control: proven ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- A proven ability to work independently and make balanced judgments / decisions.
- A credible, commercially-astute, results-driven professional. Takes ownership to deliver, with a high level of flexibility and a preparedness to &lsquoroll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- A team player multi-culturally aware with proven success working with cross-functional project teams in global service delivery model (with onshore and offshore resources). Proven ability to create a strong network.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] .
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Property Domain Clients
- Functions MT members, Operations and COO
- ITO engineering, build and run teams
- Architecture and Technology Support teams
- Supply Chain Management, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Audit teams
- External vendors
About Standard Chartered
- 5++ years of Project management experience
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP, Prince2).
- Knowledge / experience of Agile, including Scrum.
- Proficiency in tools such as Clarity, Jira and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape and how it is affecting large financial institutions.
- Experience of working in Technology and an awareness and understanding of technology trends.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website