Role ResponsibilitiesJob Summary
As part of the Investors Program which spans 30+ countries, multiple functions and impacts >3000 people, the Scrum Master (SM) will support the PO and CPO in delivery of the overall proposed solution.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with Project Delivery and Stakeholder Management. Candidate should also be well versed with overall Project Administration, Toolsets, and awareness on overall project delivery life cycle. Candidate should exhibit analytical skills, ingenuity, critical thinking, and sound judgment when it comes to Project lifecycle. Should be self-motivated and demonstrate in their past roles a structured approach to problem solving, organizing, and communicating to stakeholders.
The candidate is accountable for success of critical cross hive programs via good governance and effective delivery. This includes working under tight deadlines, across multiple geographic locations, with demanding stakeholders and constant financial scrutiny.
- The SM will help work across project working streams to support the delivery of the overall IMO Program
- Facilitate Agile Ceremonies: Should chair Scrum of Scrum meetings with stakeholders, gather progress from each team, track progress of program / project execution, and help Hive teams in resolving blockers.
- Coordinate with other POs, SM&rsquos, T&I leads, delivery team and CPO as required.
- Apply a structured methodology to deliver change through creation/execution of a plan to support any change management activities to successfully land the changes.
- Timely maintenance of project artefacts in designated bank&rsquos repository in accordance to project management standards.
- Provide support training, communications, and engagement where applicable.
- Ensure Program / Project details (Team / Task / Finance / Risk / Issues/etc) is updates in Clarity (PPM) and kept up-to-date end to end accurately with support from PMO on monthly basis. Ensure that the maintained data quality is foremost in Clarity (PPM).
- Help identify key project risks and issues, as well as working with the appropriate stakeholders and forum and driving for closure and resolution
- Helping track the transitioning the Project&rsquos products and processes into BAU.
- Help track Program&rsquos operational readiness, which includes training, transition the Project&rsquos products and processes into BAU, as well as other parts of the projects operational readiness requirement.
- As part of the Investors Program which spans 30+ countries, multiple functions and impacts >3000 people, the Scrum Master (SM) will support the PO and CPO in delivery of the overall proposed solution.
- Driving increased investors client experience through improved onboarding alignment, faster onboarding, and reduced turn-around time.
- Funds onboarding, Data Remediation and NewGen process automation.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Organisation Risk Assessment.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Our Ideal Candidate
- FM Client Management Team.
- Investors and Insurance (I&I) product Stakeholders.
- Global Account Managers (GAM), Client Managers, Relationship Managers.
- GB COO.
- GBS Heads.
- CLDM stakeholders.
- T&I counterparts.
- Various teams within the Client Lifecycle Management (e.g Frontline, Middle Office, Operations, Technology, Compliance, FCC).
- External product vendors (e.g. Saphyre, Markit).
About Standard Chartered
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should have at least 5 years of experience with relevant exposure to Project Management, Business Analysis or Process Improvement in financial services domain.
- Path finding, self-guided abilities and should be comfortable with frequent changes in the industry and organizational setup.
- Analytical and change mindset with problem solving capabilities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and JIRA.
- Excellent Project Management / Scrum Master skills.
- Certified SCRM Master and / or SAFe Scrum Master.
- Training / qualifications and Certifications in some of the functional and / or technical domains will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SCB standard processes on project management, implementation and post implementation processes an advantage.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website