PuneAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.Intoduction:
- To be responsible for the successful delivery of BPS technology projects or a portfolio of smaller change initiatives to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards.
- This will involve managing the relationship with our external suppliers of business and technology resource on the project, in order to establish the best possible outcome for the Bank
- Delivery of projects supporting the business strategy from initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and closure
- Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery
.What will you be doing
- Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the project deliverables will be delivered to the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate customers for migration, etc.
- Initiates and manages the implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new technical components and technologies or process/organisation changes.
- Controls the scope of projects, ensuring that appropriate change control is exercised
- Tracks and reports against these activities to ensure progress.
- Create appropriate communication plan to support Business plan & execute on it along with the handover to the live support systems teams.
- Ensures projects being managed are compliant with relevant governance methodologies ( Waterfall / Agile)
- Ensures projects being managed are compliant with the central PMO function's directives, initiatives and change handbook.
- Ensures compliance to QA per Change Framework and initiates other assurance activities where required.
- Responsible for constructing and managing the project financials (budget, forecast, actuals)
- Providing detailed and robust report on variances to key stakeholders
Vision, Strategy and Direction
- Demonstrates an understanding of strategy set by leadership team
- References the strategy in supporting decision making with the team.
- Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
- Ensures that realistic detailed project plans are prepared and maintained, providing regular and accurate reports on progress against plan to stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensure project dependencies and assumptions are factored into the planning process.
Governance and Reporting
What we're looking for:
- Define and implement governance and reporting structure appropriate for the project
- Ensures projects meet the desired requirements of Accountable Executives and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed against agreed acceptance criteria and to a defined plan
- Ensures that all project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely, and directly provides progress reports as agreed as part of the governance framework at agreed intervals.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Great collaboration skills
- Experience in managing technology projects with complexity and cross-functional team spanning multiple regions
- Working knowledge of open technologies
- Awareness of design principles, architecture standards
- Working knowledge of API
- Working knowledge of Dev Ops
- Expert knowledge on agile methodologies.
- Ability to do code walkthroughs
- Working knowledge of test principles.
- Candidate is expected to have an appreciation of designing resilient system covering performance and non-functional aspects such as failover, recovery.
Experience in the cards domain/ payments/ acquiring functional domain would be an added advantage.Where will you be working
PuneBe More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. â€˜Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.