Job Description :
EY is a global professional services organization providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services.
EY is among the world's most attractive employers. It offers opportunities and experiences that bring out the best in its people at work every day. Collaborating with diverse teams across the globe helps our people develop a global mind-set. EY develops outstanding leaders who deliver value to all our stakeholders to meet their strategic corporate objectives.
The Global Delivery Services (GDS) and Global Shared Services (GSS) teams operate out of the Global Delivery Network (GDN). GDS is EY's global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an extended teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless services to 80 countries through its high performing teams.
GDS India has won several Global HR awards for its people practices: ranked first in the Dream Companies to Work. For the sixth consecutive year, we've been ranked as the Best Place to Work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
GDS TAS has been one of the fastest growing services, delivering transaction support, transaction tax and capital transformation services to clients around the world.
GDS TAS professionals work as an extended team to global TAS practices. They deliver insights, analytics and advice to our clients on strategies to raise, invest, preserve and optimize their capital. GDS TAS offers you:
- First-hand knowledge on how the economic climate is changing
- Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of about 600 professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide
- Opportunities to work with EY TAS practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
We are committed to providing learning opportunities to our employees through robust training and global secondment opportunities.GDS TAS Transaction Support
Within TAS, Transaction Support (TS) services encompass the strategic development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, which includes execution of financial due diligence, IPOs and restructuring of banking loans. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance, and assists with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. TS professionals work on buy-side diligence and provide sell-side diligence services. This helps clients maximize value, mitigate risks and achieve their strategic goals, in acquisition and divestiture deals.
TS team in GDS TAS has 250 professionals working on due diligence engagements across the globe.Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a manager will include:
- Managing and participating in due diligence engagements and leading engagements which are complex and EY client critical
- Analyzing financial/operational results of target companies by reviewing their accounting records and conducting interviews with management
- Preparing/evaluating pro forma financial information
- Identifying issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination
- Identifying post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements
- Evaluating effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements
- Performing research on industry and organization
- Reviewing the work of staff and senior employees
- Managing expectations of service
- Managing a team of 15-20 TS professionals
- Conducting timely performance reviews for staff and senior employees
- Developing and guiding staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback/training, and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals. Leading by example
- Building relationships with EY offices across the globe, demonstrating knowledge of regional practices business and developing open communication channels
- Identifying new services within business and working with partners and senior managers on learning and piloting activities from Global Delivery Services
- Using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
- Staying abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to our as well as the client's business
EY GDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our diversified offerings will provide right opportunities to you to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and learning and development. We develop outstanding leaders who keep our promises, deliver exceptional services to all of our stakeholders, and play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities.Job requirements
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Chartered Accountancy degree or MBA in Finance from a premier institute with 8-10 years of experience
- At least 5 years of relevant external audit experience working with a public accounting firm and/or mergers and acquisitions transactions experience or experience in the field of financial planning and analysis and statutory accounting
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong drive to take new initiatives and ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Advanced knowledge and experience in any of the following sectors will be an added advantage – Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Technology, Consumer Products, Power and Utilities and Life Science
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Willingness to travel, when necessary