Job Description :
EY is a global professional services organization providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services.
EY is among the world's most attractive employers. It offers opportunities and experiences that bring out the best in its people at work every day. Collaborating with diverse teams across the globe helps our people develop a global mind-set. EY develops outstanding leaders who deliver value to all our stakeholders to meet their strategic corporate objectives.
The Global Delivery Services (GDS) and Global Shared Services (GSS) teams operate out of the Global Delivery Network (GDN). GDS is EY's global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an extended teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless services to 80 countries through its high performing teams.
GDS India has won several Global HR awards for its people practices: ranked first in the Dream Companies to Work. For the sixth consecutive year, we've been ranked as the Best Place to Work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
GDS TAS has been one of the fastest growing services, delivering transaction support, transaction tax and capital transformation services to clients around the world.
GDS TAS professionals work as an extended team to global TAS practices. They deliver insights, analytics and advice to our clients on strategies to raise, invest, preserve and optimize their capital. GDS TAS offers you:
- First-hand knowledge on how the economic climate is changing
- Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of about 600 professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide
- Opportunities to work with EY TAS practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
We are committed to providing learning opportunities to our employees through robust training and global secondment opportunities.GDS TAS Pursuits
Within GDS TAS, our Pursuits team provides pre-deal and origination research support, including deal origination meeting decks, capital agenda infopacks, value creation opportunity packs, divestiture opportunity decks, thought leadership packs and idea generation support. The Pursuits team works closely in tandem with global counterpart teams in delivering exceptional client service.
Pursuits team in GDS TAS has over 85 professionals supporting deal origination engagements across the globe.Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a manager will include the following:
- Manage and participate in business development assignments, and perform qualitative and quantitative research on the markets and/or target companies
- Understand, analyze and assess information from external and internal (EY) sources to provide insights for clients to develop strategy and plan for raising, investing and/or optimizing capital
- Develop in depth knowledge on focus sectors for EY TAS, to be able to add value while analyzing financial and strategic information of clients, and identifying opportunities based on market developments
- Write reports to synthesis and present the findings, and analysis from research
- Proactively develop new products/services in consultation with EY practices
- Measure, monitor and improve client service by guiding team members and driving excellence in service delivery
- Focus teams on the key priorities while managing several medium to large projects
- Develop excellent relationships with global stakeholders and be responsible for a high degree of client satisfaction with engagement process and work products
- Manage a team of 10-15 professionals
- Direct the progress of engagement work, inform supervisors of the engagement status, and manage staff performance
- Conduct timely performance reviews off Staff and Senior employees and help in developing and guiding staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback/training and ensuring that team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals. Lead by example.
- Identify training needs of team and design calendar, topics for training
- Identify business development opportunities for GDS and assist partners and senior managers on new business opportunities by building relationships with EY offices across the globe, demonstrate knowledge of regional practices, business and develop open communication channels
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
EY GDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our diversified offerings will provide right opportunities to you to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and learning and development. We develop outstanding leaders who keep our promises, deliver exceptional services to all of our stakeholders, and play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities.
Does it sound interesting Well, this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you choose to stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.Job requirements
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Chartered Accountancy/MBA degree from a premiere institute with 8+ years of post-qualification experience in:
- Management Consultancy firms, preferably Big 4 or financial analytics firms: McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, PwC or KPMG
- Large Indian corporates with exposure in analytics, financial modelling and corporate finance role
- Transaction environment: candidates with transactional/deal understanding, performance improvement, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis will be preferred
- Excellent understanding of company, industry, economic research, financial statements and valuations
- Good understanding of corporate transactions and funding mechanisms
- Ability to determine risks and opportunity areas, assess findings and communicate insights
- Experience in undertaking sector studies and analyzing merger and acquisition (M&A) drivers for a given sector or transaction
- Proven experience in interacting with senior management of clients
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of transactions life cycle and M&A activities and products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing final presentations