About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
To achieve agreed individual financial and non-financial targets by acquiring, growing and retaining profitable Retail Banking customers within acceptable risk parameters.
Contribute toward achieving team&rsquos overall target and delivering optimal portfolio return.
Collaborate and build effective partnerships with other RMs, team leaders, segment heads, as well as colleagues in CDD teams and partners in risk, compliance, other support functions, and productProcesses
- Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis &ndash incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- Conduct regular and timely customer due diligence (CDD) reviews
- Ensure CDD profiles are error free for timely sign off
- Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures where applicable
- Identify KYC issues, provide solution or escalate to line manager if necessary
- Ensure internal / external KYC requirements are adhered to AML CDD policies and procedures
- Timely handling of customer issues, complaints, and product enquiries in accordance with established procedures
- Abide by appropriate frameworks to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group&rsquos risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with line managers other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with regulations and guidelines on Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM).
- Abide by the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder&rsquos attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
- Ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role remit are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
Ensure adherence with the following Regulatory Compliance policies and processes (as is applicable):
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
- Client Due Diligence & Related Periodic Reviews
- Client Suitability Standards
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Approval & review of Credit Applications
- Maintain Documentary standards
- Data Confidentiality
- Cross-Border Policy
- Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Colleagues in RB and CDD teams, Product, Risk, Compliance and other support Functions and BusinessesExternal
Key clientsOther Responsibilities
- Embed Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
- Achieve individual financial and non-financial targets while contributing towards team&rsquos overall deliverables through:
- effectively generating new business &ndash identify prospects and convert in line with the Bank&rsquos appetite
- strategically formulating account plan &ndash provide client&rsquos needs-based solutions, structure appropriate credit facility, and execute various banking transactions
- proactively building trusted client relationships &ndash maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
- Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment
- Prepare credit proposal and loan application of customers prepare annual review on timely basis
- Work closely with credit team to ensure good quality lending decisions are made to ensure the strict adherence to the prevailing EAR / credit policy
- Implement agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Regularly feed back to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conduct
- University Graduate
- Minimum  years of relevant experience in serving business/commercial/corporate clients. Experience in servicing international businesses under the cross-border context is a plus
- Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to assess client creditworthiness and key risk considerations / mitigations
- Sound product knowledge on trade, cash, lending and FX and strong understanding of local industries, supply/value chains and market environment
- Knowledge of operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to retail banking
- Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.