Job and Candidate Profile:
Job Location: Pune (Dhayari)
Weekly off: Sunday
Travel: Frequent travelling to Company Plant near Pune
Qualification: B.E (Mechanical/ Automobile)
Experience: 8 - 12 years
• Incumbent will be responsible for overall Purchase and Sourcing activities within the company.
• Develop strategic plan to manage a commodity-based supplier platform and to achieve goals of quality, delivery, and cost improvement for both production and aftermarket requirements.
• Full knowledge of RFQ process
• Exposure to procurement of Industrial equipment / auto components
• Implement cost reduction processes/methods
• Have good knowledge on Contracting / Order placement
• Have Commercial knowledge of Excise / VAT / INCOTERMS
• Develop and implement modular product development strategy from purchase perspective.
• Develop contracts and manage win-win and healthy relationships with suppliers to provide a stable product supply, technical product knowledge and year-over-year cost reductions.
• Research and evaluate potential suppliers (technically and financially) to meet company needs and drive continuous improvement.
• Evaluate and monitor performance of existing suppliers and to take corrective action as required to consolidate supply base to best performing suppliers.
• Provide local market supplier knowledge and international sourcing support to divisional commodity teams.
• Ensure that the implemented purchasing processes and systems within the product company are state of the art and aligned with divisional best practices.
• Ensure the purchasing functions early involvement and participation on teams for new product development, cost savings, inventory reduction, process improvement, etc. with committed On Time in full execution
• Develop and lead a successful team of cohesive, competent, committed and result oriented people
• Ensure quality of parts and on time delivery received from the suppliers
• Extra focus should be given to establish and maintain the right organizational structure
• Use IT tools to fullest extent to improve competitiveness in buying and supply chain process. Foster Digitalisation and should have exposure to purchase related ERP
• Building world class supplier Base for the organization
• Identify, develop, support and follow-up talented people with a good potential to grow within the Product Company
• Develop and support a spirit of open communication, fairness and respect for the individual in all areas of operation
Salary will commensurate with the industry norms