Job Description :
Siemens Large Drives Applications (LDA) engineers and produces heavy-duty electrical drive systems for medium and high voltage ranges: electrical motors, converters and generators. Additionally we offer special large drives for ships, mines and rolling mills. Our digitalization expertise and outstanding service keeps the performance and availability of your drives always at the maximum.This is your role. What part will you playMission of Function:
Understand purchasing strategies & initiatives based on market conditions, market analysis of various, electrical, Electronics, IT equipment and other products to be sourced including third party installation, commissioning & engineering services. Evaluation of vendor profile to improve purchase efficiency before, during project acquisition & project execution stage.
Planning, realization and controlling of aligned projects and measures to increase the LDA Purchasing Volume for projects from India & outside India as the case may be and to improve supply chain performance in regard to productivity, assets, quality, availability and innovation. Dimensions of Function:
To supervise, control all the cost saving activities for all Business Segments in POC LDA within the budget parameters and reporting accurately in One PUMA Web. Manage monthly scorecard and communications with HQ for complete reporting. Manage budget
Plan, co-ordinate, and end to end cost compilation of third-party products & services & work towards bagging the order.
Plan, co-ordinate, and end to end implementation of 3rd Party procurement post Bagging the order from the customerProfessional Experience:
7to 11 years of experience. With min 5 years Project Procurement. Worked with Global team for few years in Strategic Sourcing / Global Sourcing / Commodity Management Education Required:
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Higher degreeIntercultural:
Worked with Global team members alsoCommodities to handle:
Cables, transformers, Switchboards, Distribution Boards, Bus ducts, Capacitor panels, field devices, Local control stations, CCTV, EPABX, FDA etc. & also, installation services Objectives and Responsibilities:
Based on Customer requirement, refer the product/services specifications, Select the suppliers based on approved list or from supplier database, Initiate the RFQs and arrange Techno-commercial negotiations, Co-ordinate procurement by using Nexus and SCM Star, Documentation, Plan, implement & supervise process to meet customer delivery timelines & specifications to optimize time for quality output
Ability to drive SCM strategies in Bid stage and in project execution stageVENDOR DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
: Identify, select & register new vendors, Build, and maintain supplier database. Perform Vendor rating, review and reporting of non-performers & record corrective actions. Develop alternate sources to have results-oriented environment during finalization stage.Manage Controlling & Reporting -
Support processes and methods to capture supply chain data Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements
Build Dashboards based on the Business requirement Country calls and coordination with the Business units
Help foster positive relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance
- Reduce costs at suppliers through effective utilization of procurement levers (e.g., negotiation- Conventional/virtual, cost transparency, e-sourcing, past purchase bench marking at bid stage & also in order execution
- Manage and track capacity utilization at suppliers as well as development status of new products
- Support best-in-class Supply Chain Management processes to secure productivity, assets, quality, delivery reliability and innovation, including escalation, contract- and claim management
- Support with escalations, expediting and on-site tracking of progress of deliveries at suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries
- Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g., updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data, supply market intelligence, commercial & technical trends, benchmarks) to keep all stakeholders up to date and maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces
- Ensure data transparency and report relevant procurement KPI (e.g., CNI, e-Auctions, Supply Base Optimization) in assigned commodities to ensure business planning and target achievement and to make results transparent
- Manage and develop India supplier base in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development, and overall relationship management
- Contribute to sourcing decisions under consideration of total costs'
- Product Knowledge of the products being handled
- Well versed with the commercial terms & conditions for a typical project
Demonstrates ownership culture by initiative in developing plans, execution of those plans, focusing on business results, full transparency, open & honest communication and making bold decisions
Demonstrated strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, negotiation, pooling, cost transparency, supplier development and supplier relationship management
Strong written and verbal Communication skills – if needed on executive level - including extensive expertise in presentation development
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Proofed ability to align with business partners and objectives as well as collaborate cross-functionally
Open to travel @ 20-30% We are Siemens!
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Click the links to find out more about us at: