The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.Principal responsibilitiesImpact on the Business
- Have a detailed understanding of Discipline workforce requirements and ensure creation and successful execution of workforce plans.
- Ensures alignment of Discipline workforce plans with wider Platform workforce approach and addresses issues
- Champion technology workforce strategy and ensure close adoption of principles across Discipline
- Lead and manage IT Workforce Transformation initiatives on behalf of Discipline including (but not limited to) execution of headcount caps, annual furlough process, role migrations and conversions
- Work with hiring managers and teams globally to execute against resource plans and ensure resource demand is met
- Build and manage a clear view of Vendor requirements and work with vendors to deliver against requirements
- Ensure excellent quality of workforce data and alignment of data across relevant tools and systems including Pioneer, Employee Central and Taleo
- Ensure alignment with overall platform Direct Cost schedule
- Identify and pursue sustainable cost saving opportunities and ensure excellent financial discipline across team
- Ensure adherence to annual HR timetable and drive execution of key HR activities across Platform such as role and capability management, training agenda, performance management
Manage leadership communications and cascades as requiredStakeholders- Internal and External
- Become trusted advisor to Discipline Lead on operational matters and build excellent relationship with Discipline Leadership team to enable successful execution of role
- Collaborate with Platform Business Manager to ensure alignment with Platform operational plans
- Work closely with members of COO function (Finance, Workforce, Governance & Vendor) to ensure continued engagement and knowledge of operational principles
- Drive close collaboration between Discipline and Value streams to ensure understanding and alignment of objectives (for example with regards to workforce demand)
Create excellent working relationship with Country aligned Business Management functions to ensure successful operational execution in key locationsLeadership & Teamwork
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Directly manage a Business Management support team to ensure strong operational management across Discipline (where applicable)
- Excellent working relationships across COO, Platform & Value Streams
- Champion new ways of working across Platform and Value Stream
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Create a model to drive strong culture of compliance and governance
- Ensure Discipline alignment to Global Technology Workforce Strategy
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational risk
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- 5 + years professional experience in a large Global organisation preferably in an IT department or shared service organisation
- Proven track record in Operational management role
- Strong stakeholder management / Relationship Management
- Prior experience in workforce management and leading workforce transformation initiatives desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skill, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Experience of working on a global scale (i.e. across timezone & geography and with remote teams)
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
- Familiarity with key tools including Pioneer, Discover, GPDM, Clarity, HIBS, Jira and Confluence
- Strong Excel skills
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***