Role: Project Manager role in Technical services
Scope of Work:Project Management
Total Exp.: 8-10 yrs.
High level Description
• Manage and control the planning, scope, and budget of selected projects
• Instill best practices around project management disciplines, ensuring compliance with internal methodologies and standards and driving enhancements to processes whenever applicable.
• Manage stakeholders by representing project progress through communications in programme board meetings, executive deep dives and quality assurance reviews paying special attention to articulating progress geared toward various audiences.
• Act as mentor to internal support staff, various team members and other managers raising awareness and knowledge transfer providing for continued internal growth and project awareness.
• Define, understand and manage the scope and boundaries of the project so that it remains deliverable within agreed timescales and budget(s)
• Manage business cases process required to support the project or changes to it, this being based upon the technical and business level requirements for the Information Security investment by the Group which underpins the activity
• Experience in delivering solutions that are driven by high-level technology-independent business requirements all the way down to low-level technical specifications
• Ensure proper administrative and control processes are continually in place to support the selected project to include weekly status reporting, Executive review summaries, management of changes and additions to project functionality, etc.
• Manage all internal and external suppliers to ensure that the project’s requirements are properly understood, and lead the evaluation of supplier responses
• Act as primary interface between the project and all suppliers of products and services, and ensure proper levels of reporting, governance and escalation procedures are in place
• Provide day-to-day management of the project ensuring delivery of the agreed and approved benefits in compliance with internal standards.
• Develop and maintain project tracking tools such as, MS Project schedule
• Experience delivery projects against structured software development lifecycle processes. Experience with project integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, resource management, communications, risk management and procurement.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently working across geographical locations.
• Work with the Programme Manager to ensure that the project remains at all times within agreed governance, budget and timescales, and that any risks to the project are identified and mitigated
• Control and monitor the agreed project budget
• At least 5-6 years’ project management experience in information technology with particular emphasis on delivering end-to-end projects in a structured methodology within a large corporate or government environment.
• Ability to co-ordinate activities across several teams in order to ensure a consistent approach across the group
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to portray accurate project risks and issues to various levels of management and team members
• Common sense to make efficient and acceptable decisions whenever there is no clear ruling available and under stress or time constraints
• Effective oral and written communication skills to interact with colleagues and other teams
• Diplomacy when dealing with other parties
• Ability to follow policies and procedures
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong team player
• Integrity and trustworthiness in order to maintain the team’s reputation and standing
• Willingness to seek expert guidance, from others within the team and the larger virtual team throughout the group
• Strong problem solving ability to address new situations and efficiently handle any incidents which may arise
• Strong focus on time management, in order to concentrate on priority work
• Ability to think methodically and apply project management disciplines
• Previous experience of managing IT programme or significant IT projects
• Previous experience of the complete project life cycle including business case, pre-sales, contract and supplier negotiation and support
• Understanding of structured project management methodologies such as PMI or PRINCE2
Must have Fluent in English (oral and written)
Post-Graduation in Management or Graduation in Computer Science Engineering or related field
Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP). Prince 2 Practitioner