About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the vision and strategy for Legal, CoSec %26amp; SIS (LCS) function, consistent with the Group%27s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Proactively track and measure the performance of the function in delivering the Legal agenda, and identify gaps and actions required to deliver the agenda.
- Support the Senior Project Manager, Legal Operations, Legal to define and deliver strategic programmes of work across the function
- Establish, where required, rapid reaction task forces for swift issue management of projects, initiatives or events; oversee response to events to ensure appropriate issue resolution.
- Contribute to the development of key strategies for key projects / strategic initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize projects based on the criticality and work through ambiguity
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Monitor and provide relevant stakeholders with accurate and timely information regarding status/risks/issues on all projects / initiatives - Includes administrative tasks like timely publishing of meeting minutes and chase and track completion of mission critical tasks
- Anticipate and proactively provide advice and support relating to all project management activities.
- Create/manage schedule and project timeline and track deliverables
- Prepare status reports and ensure project level issues, risks and their mitigants and resolution are documented, reviewed and monitored consistently across workstreams. Where these may put project deliverables or timelines at risk ensure timely escalation to the AE.
- Maintain the project library ensuring that appropriate records are kept.
- Manage project governance meetings
- Support change management activities when necessary to meet project outputs
- Assist with post implementation reviews and benefits tracking and ensure proper handover to process owners is in place at project closure. Compile lessons learned to contribute to ongoing improvements.
- Lead by example ensuring strict confidentiality appropriate to the nature of the project / initiative.
- Manage special projects as designated.
Productivity and Process Improvements
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvement initiatives in support of the function’s strategic agenda in line with Group frameworks and standards.
- Contribute to the design and development of internal productivity metrics for the LCS function to measure and track performance of the function.
- Develop and maintain standard processes, including identification and migration of best practices from other areas within or outside the Bank.
- Identify and provide ongoing process improvement support for the LCS function.
- Support the implementation of projects / process improvement initiatives in line with Group frameworks and standards, to drive improved efficiency across the LCS function.
- Have an awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Programme’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight %26amp; controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Legal, CoSec and SIS functional management/senior teams
- GBS RightShoring Enablement Team
- GBS Internal stakeholders
- Offshore experience in Legal Process Outsourcing is preferred
- Seasoned Migration Manager with over 8-10 years of work experience across Banking BPO functions / BFSI Domain / Legal setups (minimum 3 + years experience in leading Migrations / Transitions projects within Banking and Financial Services organization for processes and functions) with previous experience of leading multiple complex Transition / Migration initiatives, project/change management/transformation role or similar experience
- PMP, PRINCE2 or similar globally recognized project management certifications is an added advantage
- Excellent understanding of migration methodology, Six Sigma/Lean Tools and Contractual framework RFI, RFP, SOW, SLA, etc
- Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills since the role requires leading governance and change management with senior leaders across the organization
- Focus on execution and ability to manage through ambiguity and drive performance and change
- Should have excellent understanding of business metrics and performance management. Specific to forecasting and capacity planning, pay for performance, productivity, etc
- Ability to think strategically and logically structure and process large amounts of data into meaningful and actionable recommendations
- Strong analytics and ability to proactively identify opportunities and drive results
- Should have a good understanding of technology infrastructure and set up requirements i.e connectivity, bandwidth, BRD, production environment, etc
- Strong powerpoint presentation skills - Ability to articulate ideas / discussions in a easy to understand and visually appealling manner for leadership consumption
- Data Visualization - Ability to work on advanced excel , slice data, derive meaningful insights
- Demonstrable track record of showing good quality judgement and confidently providing concise, accurate, thorough and well-structured analysis (both verbally and in writing).
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with both internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks.
- A credible, commercially-astute, results-driven professional. Takes ownership to deliver, with a high level of flexibility and a preparedness to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ to get the job done.
- A team player; multi-culturally aware with proven success working with cross-functional project teams in global service delivery model (with onshore and offshore resources). Proven ability to create a strong network.
- Adept at using MS Word, Excel and Project.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our .