Project Manager – Developer Team – Lonely Planet India Job Description
At Lonely Planet we live to travel. Everything we do is designed to inspire and enable travelers to get out there, connect with the world and have great experiences. Across all areas of Lonely Planet, we look for talented people who share our passion.
You know what it takes to manage a project and launch great products. You like to identify and solve problems and have a track record of influencing both business and technology to execute on a vision. You are personable, understand the languages of the design and development worlds, and you see it through to execute a flawless launch every time.
As a Project Manager at www.lonelyplanet.com, you are responsible for providing project planning and management for established initiatives with the digital product team. You are responsible for guiding projects throughout the development lifecycle, focusing specifically on understanding the goals of the project’s stakeholders, key deliverables, and timelines. You will drive the entire project lifecycle and ensure quality and speed with project delivery. You will work closely with Lonely Planet’s digital core product team, sales, and content teams.
• Work closely with development, sales, and content teams to understand business requirements and timelines of projects for your development team
• Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
• Drive the creation of product requirements – work with stakeholders to define those requirements, help break project scope down into smaller deliverables (stories) that your development team can understand and execute
• Communicate, coordinate and work closely with company leaders, UX designers, and
engineers to deliver products that fit your team’s goals
• Communicate timelines and budgets of development to key stakeholders across the business
• Create, coordinate, and manage daily ceremonies with your team (stand-ups)
• Lead your development team to execute on each project plan and ensure the desired delivery
• Communicate with the Lead Product Manager on your project status, issues, roadblocks, and successes
Qualifications & Requirements
• Degree in computer science and related technical field, or equivalent practical experience required
• 6+ years of experience, with 3+ years in a technical project management role required
• Fluent in the English language
• Ability to overlap workday with the Nashville, TN office a minimum of 3 hours
• Ability to balance the speed of project delivery with the product quality
• Ability to work in an agile and iterative environment
• Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify potential challenges, and problem solve when those challenges arise
• Knowledge in project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum) and software (Jira, Trello, Monday.com, Excel, etc.)
• Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers, with a firm grasp on the technical details driving the product.
What’s in it for you
This is an opportunity to be involved with the re-invention of one of the world’s most loved
travel brands. The work done by our Product team will shape Lonely Planet’s future.
As per company rules, you will also receive 23 days of privilege leave, 7 days of casual leave & 7 days of sick leave during a completed financial year, a competitive salary based on your experience and region.
Provident Fund and Gratuity benefits as per rules will be extended to you.
Please submit your CV, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experience
and why you’d like to join our team.
2 References are required for Lonely Planet to complete verification process of your credentials as reported in your CV
Job Description: • Installation and upgrade of MySQL, SQLServer, Postgres databases. • Manage day to day operations, operations, security of Database servers/instances
We're looking for an Engineering Manager for the existing team, and together they should continue to excel on their mandate, innovate, deliver and grow.
• Work with both developers and operations teams with a focus on automating build and deployment • Design and develop a continuous deployment pipeline, integrating Chef, Test-Kitchen, GitHub, Jenkins, VMware workstation and Docker
Lead a team of Java Developers Be the go to person for all technical aspects related to Java – Be the Java mastermind Be on top of business requirements and own the technical part of development Achieve conformance to delivery schedule
Post - Project Manager Experience 4-10 Years Salary - No bar for right candidate Location - Sector 67 IT Park Mohali 5 Days Working Company Contact @ 7986047849
Design, Develop, Test and Support existing and new products/projects in Java. Ability to research & develop J2SE/J2EE based desktop and web applications. Knowledge of JDBC, Webservices, Socket programming, Swing, Hiberate, Struts, Jasper Reports.
Employment type Permanent Industry of the Employer IT - Software Department / Functional Area of the Job Application Programming / Maintenance, General / Other Software
Employment type Permanent Industry of the Employer Engineering / Construction Department / Functional Area of the Job Production, Site Engineering / Project Management
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content