Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Project ManagerWhy join us Wholesale Technology Digital
is a major Service Line reporting into Wholesale Technology, but servicing the Commercial Bank. Digital (sometimes called Wholesale Technology IT) is the electronic front door for HSBC's commercial customers, and the Digital team is responsible for developing, building, and improving on the digital banking platforms that our customers use. Large commercial and global banking customers use HSBCnet and Connect to transact, while small to medium-d commercial customers use Digital Banking platforms (DBB) and emerging solutions such as Kinetic and Quantum.,Wholesale Technology
provides technology solutions to support HSBC's four global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Wholesale Technology is part of Digital Business Services (previously called HOST). Wholesale Technology Digital faces off to Commercial Banking.Commercial Banking (CMB)
is at the h-eart of growth at HSBC, generating more than US$20 billion each year, and turning over more than US$1 million of trade every minute. As one of the largest commercial banks in the world, HSBC supports millions of businesses in around 55 countries and territories - from small enterprises to large multinationals - to thrive and grow.
Commercial Banking is made up of Global Trade and Receivables Finance, Global Liquidity and Cash Management, Global Capital Finance, Insurance and Investment, Client coverage, and ISB.HSBCnet
is a comprehensive suite of flexible online financial solutions (Mobile and online payments) specially designed for businesses and corporates with a turnover of over $6.5m. The technology platform of HSBCnet has been evolving for around 25 years, and a major modernisation is currently being planned.The Opportunity:
Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The role holder is responsible for managing one or multiple concurrent high visibility projects in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The role holder will also play a number of different roles in actual practice: At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams .At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints * In performing these roles, the role holder will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.What you'll do:
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value organize and lead project status and working meetings prepare and distribute progress reports manage risks and issues correct deviations from plans and perform delivery planning for assigned projects. This includes budget Management
- Governance - You promote best practices and adhere to governance frameworks and standards. Through your work you review, identify and manage Design &implementation risks, issues and dependencies, ensuring action is taken to quantify and mitigate them. You constantly seek opportunity to continuously improve whether that be design methods and governance, or pioneering the use of new architectural patterns, frameworks and methods.
- Stake Holder Management: Establish and maintain trustworthy relationships with business and relevant stakeholders. Manage expectation of key stakeholders and work jointly to maximize interest of business and customers
- Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work and mentoring and developing team members * Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance * Process Management and Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management *Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
What additional skills will be good to have
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 10-15 years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. SAFe certified
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PSM, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-8 Pods including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA associates
- Possess strong technical capabilities (API,Microservices), knowledge and experience on DevOps, Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD), Agile control Framework.
- Are passionate about technology and look for opportunities to learn & bring new ideas to the team.
- Have experience with Application ownership ranging from Development to Production Support.
- Demonstrable ability to mentor, develop talent and motivate staff to reach their optimum performance levels and career development
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
#LI-HSBCABYou'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***