Programme Management Assistant
PuneAbout BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.Working Flexibly
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers and clients needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.Intoduction:
To manage Execution Risk effectively, deliver on our Group strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders, we must deliver our initiatives consistently and transparently. Programme Management Office (PMO) colleagues ensure initiative delivery is managed in line with the relevant Policies and Standards, using standard processes and tooling to improve the level and likelihood of successful outcomes. They also help to ensure all stakeholders are aware of initiative progress and have the information they need to make the right decisions in a timely manner.
The purpose of the PMO / MI Analyst role is to support the PMO Manager / Lead and effectively operate the Programme Office, including supporting the programme in the effective strategic planning, monitoring and delivery of a complex Portfolio of change, including resource management, financial planning and delivery scheduling across the following areas:
What will you be doing
- Programme Management
- Programme/Project Governance
- Budget & Financial Management including Forecasting
- RAID Management
- Actions Management
- Milestone Management
- Change Control
- Governance of 3rd party SoW/ managed service providers (MSPs)
- MIS Reports
PMOs ensure initiative delivery is managed efficiently and effectively, in line with relevant policies and standards.
- Maintaining and actively managing initiative documentation, facilitating key governance forums, reinforcing the accountabilities of key stakeholders, helping to ensure that decisions are made by the right people and based on the right information. This includes ensuring that the Accountable Executive and other key stakeholders (e.g. Project or Programme Forum, Portfolio Governance Board) have relevant and timely initiative MI (including status and any relevant risks or issues).
- Safeguarding effective change control processes, ensuring the business case is updated and managed through appropriate governance.
- Supporting the Programme and / or Project Managers in determining, monitoring and managing workforce and financial requirements, drawing insights from available information to inform daily delivery - such as challenging progress, prioritisation of resources or stop/start/continue decisions tracking benefits and costs, driving budget efficiency
- Supporting the Programme and / or Project Managers in assessing the risks from the change, including the tracking of thematic issues, early identification and management of RAIDs and completing a Change Risk Impact Assessment (CRIA) where required
- Supporting the Programme and / or Project Managers in tracking outcomes, ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant also enabled through provision of timely MI and estimating, scheduling and planning activity
PMOs have an important role to play in providing constructive challenge to Programmes and Projects, not only providing the information initiatives need to make the right decisions, but also helping initiative leads to pre-empt any issues and course correct where required.
What we're looking for:
- Acting in partnership with Project and / or Programme Manager, using their experience and insight to help challenge efficiency to maintain a focus on delivering outcomes to predict potential blockers and risks and to deploy appropriate governance and oversight of delivery (including the Project and/or Programme Forum)
- Driving best practice delivery in line with the relevant Policies and Standards through coaching and educating delivery teams on what good looks like monitoring and driving improvement in data quality and timeliness of reporting to enable decision making reviewing and challenging reports to ensure they are complete and accurate
- Supporting an environment of effective delivery by challenging behaviours identifying development needs in the team ensuring the right tools, templates and guidance are used capturing lessons learnt from past delivery
PMOs at Barclays require competence across the following areas:
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Conduct, compliance and professionalism: The ability to align with the Barclays Way - the Code of Conduct for the firm - meeting the expected values and behaviours governing all aspects of colleagues working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Team Management and development: The ability to select, develop and manage teams, setting the standards for performance and ensuring a culture of development is in place.
- Change leadership: The ability to inspire, coach and empower others to deliver on a shared vision and outcomes for transformational change: leading by example and building strong relationships.
- Stakeholder and communications management: The ability to effectively communicate with, influence and manage stakeholders at all levels, taking account of their levels of influence and interest. This includes identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups, using suitable channels for achieving clear outcomes, consensus and conflict resolution.
- Business case management: The ability to identify, define, consolidate and document for approval the fundamental components of a change initiative (outcomes, benefits, risks, assumptions, dependencies, workforce and financials) as part of a commercially viable Business Case. This is used to validate the funding allocation for an initiative, setting a baseline, managed under appropriate change control, against which ongoing execution success is measured. This includes identifying and taking corrective action to manage within known constraints (time / resource / regulation).
- Resource management: This is the ability to develop, implement and update demand plans for initiative resources (i.e. the workforce, products and services required to deliver the agreed outcomes). For programmes or portfolios, ongoing monitoring enables escalation of resource risks via the appropriate governance.
- Financial management: The ability to input into the relevant financial planning processes, agreeing budgets for change initiatives before developing a granular view of costs versus agreed outcomes and timings. This includes being cost / value aware, tracking costs versus budget, reforecasting when necessary, explaining variances and identifying risks. For programmes and portfolios, this includes monitoring aggregated cost profiles against budget, balancing under / over spend as appropriate.
- Risk and issue management: The ability to identify and monitor risks and issues, to plan and implement appropriate responses for mitigation or resolution, including escalations. At initiative level, this includes monitoring assumptions and dependencies.
- Outcomes and benefits management: The ability to identify, define, evaluate, plan, track and realise the outcomes and benefits of change initiatives. This includes determining a realistic assessment of what is achievable by when along with the links and dependencies defining the key metrics / measures associated with benefits and outcomes linking organisational value back to initiative outputs defining how benefits will continue to be achieved in BAU beyond initiative closure.
- Business Readiness Planning: The ability to describe the steps needed to ensure any change delivered by an initiative is implemented successfully and effectively by the impacted business or service area. This includes defining a Business Readiness Plan, ensuring that any steps that need to be considered are identified and actioned appropriately. Effective business readiness planning is dependant on identifying and managing stakeholders to fully understand the impacts of the change to their business/service.
- Governance and reporting: The ability to establish and operate a governance model that defines clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for oversight of the execution of change initiatives. This includes honest/ transparent assessment of initiative status the ability to escalate appropriately to resolve any risks or issues the preparation of relevant reporting and initiative documentation for stakeholder review such as status reports, outcome roadmaps and programme interdependencies.
- Reviews and assurance: The ability to effectively monitor and continuously improve both the processes and the outcomes of change initiatives. This will typically incorporate lessons learnt reviews at appropriate points, assessing the quality of outcomes and the processes followed to achieve them. At portfolio level, this will include monitoring thematic risks and indicators of control adherence, taking action where needed to remediate any weaknesses in the controls and identifying and implementing actions to drive greater maturity against key control indicators.
- Business and technical expertise: The ability to understand, interpret and adapt project, programme or portfolio approach to suit the business context and subject matter of a change initiative.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and able to produce effective MI reporting and translating into PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to extract, manipulate and report data
- Ability to support Project & Programme Managers, escalating areas of concern
Where will you be working
- Demonstrate understanding/usage of Navigator
- Understanding of financial accounting principles/practices i.e accruals, pre-payments
- Previous experience in project management and/or project management office
PuneBe More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more - as a professional, and as a person. â€˜Be More @ Barclays represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It's the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.Our ValuesPurpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.Respect
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.Integrity
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.Service
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.Excellence
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.Stewardship
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.