Enterprise Risk Technology (ERT) is the technology partner to the Risk divisions of Credit Risk, Market Risk and Non-Financial Risk. This includes definition of the IT strategy and provision of solutions to allow Risk to manage all aspects of risk from the analysis of counterparty credit risk to the protection of the Bank's infrastructure and information.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to contribute to all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
This role is for a developer with strong core application or system programming skills in Scala, java and good exposure to concepts and/or technology across the broader spectrum. Enterprise Risk Technology covers a variety of existing systems and green-field projects.
A Full stack Hadoop development experience with Scala development
A Full stack Java development experience covering Core Java (including JDK 1.8) and good understanding of design patterns.Requirements:-
- Strong hands on development in Java technologies.
- Strong hands on development in Hadoop technologies like Spark, Scala and experience on Avro.
- Participation in product feature design and documentation
- Requirement break-up, ownership and implantation.
- Product BAU deliveries and Level 3 production defects fixes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree holder in numerate subject
- Hands on Experience on Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Impala, Avro and messaging like Kafka
- Experience across a core compiled language – Java
- Proficiency in Java related frameworks like Springs, Hibernate, JPA
- Hands on experience in JDK 1.8 and strong skillset covering Collections, Multithreading with experience working on Distributed applications.
- Strong hands-on development track record with end to end development cycle involvement
- Good exposure to computational concepts
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of risk and derivatives pricing (optional)
- Proficiency in SQL (PL/SQL), data modelling.
- Understanding of Hadoop architecture and Scala program language is a good to have.
- Understanding of middleware’s like Solace is an advantage.
- Understanding of NoSQL is an added advantage
- Experience of Data Analytics platforms is advantageous.
- Banking experience, particularly in risk
A technology-oriented developer is needed to join the Portfolio Analyser team within the Enterprise Risk Technology space, to assist with the implementation of a strategic regulatory risk reporting platform to cater to various programs like Historical Simulation, Counterparty Credit Risk and Stress Testing scenarios. Portfolio Analyzer is the in-memory data analytics platform to generate various Risk metrics for the bank.
A strong technologist, self-starter, who is comfortable with independent engagement across functions such as Business Analysis, and Project Management, is expected.How we’ll support you
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.