Job Title: Professional Service Officer (TE)
Experience: 1-3 Years
Location: Hyderabad, Kolkata
The appointment of Professional Service Officer (TE) is in the Executive Cadre of the Company and reflects the importance of the incumbent’s role as an important and active link between the Company and its customers in establishing and enhancing customer relationships, territory development and optimizing business potential in the territory for the company. The incumbent is expected to carry out his role with a fair measure of independent responsibility, within the framework of Company policies.B. ROLE PURPOSE:
As Professional Service Officer the incumbent is expected to be a vital interface between the Company and the medical profession by briefing them on the scientific features and patient care benefits in respect of company’s products, consistently achieve budgeted sales of the products in the assigned territory through planned coverage and systematic implementation of promotional strategies and customer service initiatives and reporting thereof.C. SPAN OF CONTROL
Supervision: (Positions reporting directly to the incumbent):
Trainee PSOs or other field trainees as may be assigned. Sharing of learning and initiatives with Team colleagues and handling special projects.D.JOB SPECIFICATIONS
(Minimum educational requirement, special skills & knowledge and any other requirements needed for the satisfactory performance of the job)1. Qualification
2. Special Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in Sciences / Pharmacy or Graduation with relevant experience is desirable.
- Experience of 1 to 3 years in a similar capacity. Fresh candidate may be considered based on sound academic background, skill sets and potential capabilities.
3. Key Competencies
- Knowledge of therapeutic segments and related medical information.
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects and issues related to the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures, including those relating to promotional practices and adverse event reporting.
- Drive for Results
- Planning & Prioritising
- Customer Focus
- Confidence & Commitment
- Team work & Co-operation
- Performance Orientation
A. Strategic/ Policy:
- Develops a clear understanding of his role as a responsible Officer of the Company and applies the knowledge, experience and skills to achieving the defined objectives for the Position and the Team, as applicable. Keeps the organization policies and interest uppermost in mind while executing the role as per guidance of the superiors.
- Reviews and discusses his plans for the achievement of his territory’s sales budget each month. Seeks the assistance of the District Manager and the Regional Business Manager in formulating sales strategy, delivers promotional messages tailored to each customer need.
- Jointly with the District Manager, classifies the medical practitioners in his territory in three categories A, B and C in the descending order of importance, A being the most important and C the least.
- Schedules the frequency of his calls on the doctors depending upon their importance regarding sales of Company’s products.
- Strictly adheres to coverage plans and frequency.
- Strictly adheres to all applicable policies and procedures.
- Regularly visits the chemist in the area to ensure the sale of Company’s major products collects information on the sales of competitor’s products and regularly updates this data.
- Keep himself updated on the competitor’s activities through personal visits to wholesalers and retailers and through systematic collection and analysis of data.
- Books orders from the retailers to ensure adequate availability at their shelves to meet the market demand. Also assists the display of Company’s products on the retailers’ shelves.
- Ensures thorough pre-call planning and asks for the assistance of the District Manager, wherever necessary.
- Prepares and implements special schedule for doctors visits/calls at the time of new product launch or sales campaign etc. using special presentation, promotional materials and sales strategies.
- Carries meticulous one to one detailing of the product bringing to the doctor’s attention the special features/benefits of the product, its proven efficacy, new research and clinical findings etc.
- Follows his approved tour programme, prepares and sends Daily reports either in paper form or electronically on his day to day activities mentioning in detail about the calls made by him on the doctors clinics and hospitals.
- Maintains contacts with nursing homes, clinics and hospitals in his territory. Collects the data on annual budget for medicines in respect of each of the hospitals, their mode of purchase, rate contract, and drug committee members.
- Maintains regular contacts with medical practitioners, consultants, chemists and wholesalers.
- Forwards adverse events and product complaints reported by customers and consumers in the appropriate format in a timely manner as described in the relevant SOPs.
- Conducts Taxi tours to meet the customers in micro-interiors and generate business for the products.
- Conducts group meetings, Speaker programmes, and Round table meetings for the doctors and Chemists to impart product benefits.
- Conduct camps in coordination with the medical Associations.
- Demonstrate and promote global values in all interactions.
- Demonstrates team spirit and cooperation towards fruitment achievement of individual and team objectives.
- Achievement of Sales budgets.
- Assists in the collection of receivables, where required
- Proper utilisation of product samples, detailing aids and other promotional material.
- Proper accounting and reporting of expenses.
E. PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Use technology solutions for enabling better information availability.
- Use technology developments for effective field operations.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Achieving and exceeding Sales targets both in-line and KDPs
- Activity measures
- Evaluation index
- Productivity norms
- Account receivable norms
- Compliance to SOPs