Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.About the Role
The Production Supervisor role is a critical role at our Spencer site. This role is responsible for managing a molding and extrusion production area of about 30 employees. Partner with your team to create solutions for manufacturing challenges, and enhance quality, cost, and delivery of medical devices for patients.
If you have a passion for leading and developing a team or you are looking to get experience managing a team, this could be a great role for you!Responsibilities of the Role:
- Produce high quality products, safely, on time for the customer at the lowest cost
- Manufacture products to the highest quality standards and ensure compliance to all Boston Scientific policies and regulations
- Identify customer requirements to deliver the right products at the right time
- Lead and support new product development by supporting validations and manufacturing new components
What We're Looking For:
- Lead the cross functional molding and extrusion team in achieving a high engagement & high-performance culture
- Promote safety, quality & compliance among the team while maintaining good manufacturing practices at a high level within the department
- Supervise, lead and coach a group of product builders, technicians and production trainers while spending time on the production floor, including performance review, termination, and labor resource. Foster teamwork within the production line/area cross-functional team.
- Embed the company values through demonstration & recognition of individual & team behaviors.
- Lead & create engagement around continuous improvement within the production line/area
- Achieve continuous improvement goals (safety, quality, service, cost, space, etc.) through the utilization of the business essentials & operational excellence techniques.
- Benchmark and share best practices
- Production Line/Area Planning
- Analyze S&OP (Sales & Operating Plan) requirements and provide production commitments for the production line/area including non-commercial requirements
- Provide appropriate input into the long-term planning of the production line/area.
- Ensure integrity of data systems (i.e. Kronos, SAP, LMS, TRS, PDM, etc.)
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or must be working towards a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. You do not need to have previous management/supervisory experience.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean tools and principles
- Experience working on or leading continuous improvement projects
- Available to work weekend shift hours: Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday, 8am-8pm
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.