A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day. What You Will Do :
Role and Responsibility
What You Need :
- Automotive Infotainment project experience as Project Manager or Product Owner
- Coordinate and manage technical projects throughout the lifecycle (design, development, testing, integration and production).
- Gather required data from end users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to create technical specifications.
- Have good understanding of the System and Requirements and track complete delivery and release gating
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project.
- Create a project plan incorporating variables such as deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Liaison between customer, stakeholders and delivery team to ensure the targets and requirements are met.
- Work with research and development on product creation.
- Maintain the master schedule for all development activities.
- Conduct periodic status checks to assess progress against plan.
- Communicate program/project status to appropriate stakeholders.
- Disseminate information on any problems or potential delays.
- Train end users and evaluate the effectiveness of technology product
- Oversee the primary activities of individual contributors toensure completion oftasks and attainment of departmental goals.
- Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains,rewards, motivates, disciplines, terminates, performance reviews, and pay discussions).
- Evaluate and assess new projects based upon , complexity, and time frame.
- Select and assign appropriate program/project leader and team member(s).
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Capable of executing Agile projects and SCRUM methodology
- 8- 11 years program/project management/product management experience with three years leadership experience.
- Engineering degree is required for this position
- Proven track record of successive positions of increasing responsibility culminating in managing successful launches of OEM IVI projects
- Experience has been gained at an Automotive OEM, Tier 1 supplier (head units and/or clusters) or alternately at a Tier 2 software solutions provider delivering automotive in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems and related embedded solutions
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers.
- Experience in Software Quality and process ( e.g., SPICE, CMMI )
- Experience with Products Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools ( e.g., DOORS )
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Desirable to have scrum master experience / certificate
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()