Coordinate global introduction and change management processes for the Company's products and raw materials. Facilitate the approval process and population of data into SAP and product information systems (Lotus Notes). Responsible to interpret request to determine necessary steps and approvers for various scenarios. Responsible for data Integrity
1. Facilitate new product introduction (NPI) process as well as changes to existing products in all regions.
a. Assess each NPI request for completeness and clarity. Determine approval requirements and tasks needed based on type of request:
New products (manufactured & purchased)
Region & country extensions
b. Serve as gatekeeper for the process by following up to ensure all issues are resolved across departments.
c. Collaborate routinely with key stakeholders to close out critical sub-process reviews & approvals (EHS, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, etc.)
2. Create and maintain materials in SAP using material master workflow. Work with various groups to ensure data accuracy and timely completion of requests.
3. Create & maintain product recipes in SAP recipe management module. Facilitate recipe workflow process in SAP in collaboration with process engineers, R&D,
product management, EH&S and manufacturing.
4. Maintain proprietary compositions and technical data (such as physical properties, shelf life, product line assignments, packaging) and ensure data integrity throughout
product life cycle.
5. Provide guidance to technical teams regarding material information, codes, substances and processes.
6. Protect information as proprietary to Company and does not distribute to or provide access to anyone without an authorized need to know.
7. Maintain product and raw material specifications in Lotus Notes NPI system and
a. Facilitate approval process for specification changes in compliance with quality management procedures.
b. Oversee tasks across functions to ensure execution and communication of
8. Maintain global product information according to master data standards in SAP material master, and Lotus Notes databases
a. Stay current with SAP material master standards.
b. Ensure new materials are created in SAP with proper information to support manufacture, global trade compliance, sales & quality management.
c. Run periodic SAP reports to validate and govern critical product information, coordinate corrections through master data teams.
d. Serve as subject matter expert for SAP product information.
e. Support customer service as needed for order related issues with materials (extensions, unit of measure issues, material blocks, etc.)
9. Protect information as proprietary to Company and does not distribute to or provide access to anyone without an authorized need to know.
10. Support daily business needs across the organization:
a. Support customer service for order related issues with materials (extensions, unit of measure issues, material blocks, etc.)
b. Conduct training for business groups (Product Management, Marketing, Sourcing, Regulatory, EHS, Plants, etc.) on process and systems.
11. Support (or lead) special projects such as:
a. product rationalization and harmonization.
b. SAP integration supply chain projects (plant consolidation, legal entity changes, mass raw material or supplier changes)
c. mergers & acquisitions
12. Protect information as proprietary to Company and does not distribute to or provide access to anyone without an authorized need to know.