A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The Category Manager (Headphones, Portable speakers, Connected home and Car after market) is responsible for managing the in-store and online assortment for all product assortment, sales and margin, store clustering, inventory levels, promotions, vendor relationships and category analysis.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Ownership and actively manage the end-to-end strategic planning for 300+ product models, spread across 5+ categories
- Assortment selection and planning to specific sales, margin and inventory goals
- Coordinating and timely communicate product launches across retail, catalog and web properties
- Promotional, clearance and markdown pricing
- Work with sales teams/vendors to develop exclusive products for sale through retail and online outlets
- Developing promotional opportunities with sales teams/vendors to increase revenue
- Work closely with everyday marketing efforts (Product launches, communications) with Visual Merchandising, Digital Marketing and Print advertising to drive overall success
- Monitor and report on competitor price, promotion, assortment and presentation tactics
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly category analysis and external market analysis
- Project future sales velocity based on market and product category trends
- Analyzing consumer purchasing behavior and merchandise according to consumer purchasing trends
- Closely work with all stakeholders – Finance Controllers, Supply chain, Marketing, channel sales and report necessary critical inputs to business head for category growth
- Be active bridge with global category teams and plan India specific launches and category introductions
- Additional duties as assigned.
An experienced manager with expert knowledge in consumer electronics and audio industries. A considerate, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. A strategic visionary with excellent technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong focus on innovation. A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor. An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts.
- Product management – experienced in driving and leading local product programs and product execution – Technical capability to guide strategically and manage resources
- Business Acumen - Business acumen, to gauge not just what can be done but to know what can be profitable, is a key requirement for this role.
- Communication Skills - While it is required this person to be skilled in category management, he/she must also be able to communicate effectively with partners the product portfolio. This person must have the ability to promote and explain product portfolio initiatives to partners/business leaders outside of the organization.
Education and/or Experience:
- Organizational Leadership - This person should have led a significant part of a category teams. He/She must bring strong people leadership experience up to and including mid-level sales/marketing teams.
Master's Degree preferred; or Bachelor's Degree and at least 12 years of related progressive leadership experience and accountability in category sales/marketing roles.Language Skills:
English: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. German as second language preferred.Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Demonstrates a proactive and collaborative approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Capable of handling multiple complex projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion.
- Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization.
- Accepts and represents overall accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and best practices with teammates.
- Change Orientation: Able to drive change in a multi-dimensional Matrix organization.
- Proven ambassador of change and relentless pursuit of results and excellence.
- Drives organizational change through designed interventions to deliver overall business goals and cultural alignment.
- Act as a change management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business.
- Customer Focus: Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Offers the highest level of service to Executives and other leaders.
- Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them.
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development.
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()