To work and deliver tasks of MMI/Fabric Maintenance Engineer. To get involved in MMI (Mechanical, Materials, Inspection) and Fabric maintenance studies and related improvement activities with dedicated assets.
The MMI/Fabric Maintenance Engineer must ensure implementation of good practices related to MMI and Fabric Maintenance through various remote supports. So that the integrity of the infrastructure of a production asset throughout its operating life is maintained. This may be accomplished by:
- Inspection and data migration of inspection monitoring/management system for various Upstream/Downstream operation units. Support site engagement & technical tools and forums. Support the business in reviewing and correcting information in the inspection management system.
- Creating equipment specific inspection task lists for preventive, corrective and shutdown maintenances of the static equipment like Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers etc. May be assigned as primary engineering analyst for smaller sites, plants and locations.
- Providing remote and on-site (when needed) support to the business in carrying out piping & equipment condition assessments, and fabric/coating inspection using the conventional inspection/NDT methods.
- Providing remote and on-site (when needed) support to the business in managing and executing MMI driven programs which includes but is not limited to CUI, Deadlegs and Injection and Mix Points, CUPS, External Inspection, etc.
- Providing support towards development of MMI related digitalization technology through utilization of 3D-modelling tools (e.g. Orbit, Candy, ContextCapture), and available and growing digital technologies (e.g. digital twin, machine vision, point cloud).
- Leverage on existing and new technologies, software, and tools to develop and optimize current practices and open up avenue for digitalization.
- Ensuring Data validation of all the templates, create automation tools to enable speedy implementation of work processes.
- Status Reporting, supporting Run & Maintain activities for inspection and corrosion monitoring. Providing the equipment inspection reports and insights to the business. Understand the customer needs, maintaining a stakeholder engagement relationship & provide daily status of list of activities performed. Give constructive feedbacks to the business in improving the data quality of the inspection check sheets while preparing inspection data.
- Analyze technical data and documents and processes for the businesses by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project teams & partners.
- Act as a participant in study of piping and equipment conditions for the asset/assets, influencing at all levels to increase focus on understanding and eliminating harm to piping, equipment, and fabric conditions.
- Data Mining and Analysis: Act as the custodian of inspection and fabric maintenance data, using existing systems to monitor and report KPIs, as well as identify bad actors and threats to static equipment and fabric using reliability engineering tools. Learn different methods /understand scenarios to analyze areas of improvements.
- Providing support to plant team in integrated surface preparation and coating services. Supporting in selection of the best techniques to remove existing coatings, prepare surfaces for inspection and coating reinstatement and recoat the surface to asset specific requirements.
- Root Cause Analysis: Participate in Root Cause Analysis or Causal Learning Investigations as necessary to support inspection strategies and fabric maintenance improvement or at the direction of asset leadership/senior reliability engineers.
In partnership with Process Managers and stakeholders, can demonstrate the financial advantages of structured and detailed inspection and fabric maintenance strategy for the equipment within their appointed sites, plants and locations or OUs.
Perform MMI and Fabric Maintenance engineer role and other technical functions, with scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.
This role is expected to help rotating/static equipment engineers in implementing the standard inspection, and fabric maintenance strategies for various equipment uniformly in various operating units across the globe.
Technical Support that enables the operating units, and sites to leverage the benefits of utilizing the Engineering Services - Inspection and NDT services, Fabric Condition Study, and maintenance strategy to the fullest extent.
The role covers relationship management with several Upstream, downstream and Integrated Gas OUs.
Leadership in Group and FOD efforts to Standardize maintenance strategies, tools, benchmarks, standards and best practices. May also be assigned to lead an FOD assigned Sites, OUs or Project Team with 2 to 15 members.
Providing support for inspection and data migration of inspection monitoring/management systems for various Upstream/Downstream operation units. Support site engagement & technical tools and forums. Support the business in reviewing and correcting information in the inspection management system.
Providing remote and on-site (when needed) support to the business in carrying out piping & equipment condition assessments, and fabric/coating inspection using the conventional inspection/NDT methods.
Providing remote and on-site (when needed) support to the business in managing and executing MMI driven programs which includes but is not limited to CUI, Deadlegs and Injection and Mix Points, CUPS, External Inspection, etc.
Support in creating and developing strategies for fabric/coating maintenance including preparation, application, inspection, quality assurance/control, and maintenance.
Support in automating the Piping & Equipment fabric condition assessments using 3D photometry and AI based tools & identifying the optimal repair methods.
Preparing the inspection work packs/task lists for the identified maintenance works.
Preparating Inspection reports, analyzing the corrosion management framework, population of templates in the inspection data management systems (e.g w-IMS).
Engaging with stakeholders from Assets and other Global OUs
Participating in corrosion/NDT studies and material failure analysis as and when required by the business.
Conducting Root Cause Analysis, and understanding of failure modes and analysis for static equipment and piping systems.
Networking with counterparts and other levels of organization across the different operating units, data centers and develop external networks outside of FOD and Shell
- Business knowledge and operational skills on activities at the operating units, manufacturing site, chemical plant, supply chain and distribution location. Includes specific methods, software and hardware.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders. Includes strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication, as well as using Office Communciator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Shift work following operating hours of the operating units, manufacturing site, chemical plant, supply chain and distribution location across the globe.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- A self-starter leader and reliable deliverer, with very good verbal and written skills in English, able to negotiate with senior or difficult people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise integrity of data quality.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organisational levels across the globe, across diverse timezones.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipments and instruments and also thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Although the role involves the remote support to the operating units/sites. However, the candidate should be willing to travel to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.