- Preparation of RBI data sheets, converting process flow diagram into material selection diagrams, identifying corrosion loops, identifying integrity operating windows and operating parameters from corrosion monitoring framework, preparing corrosion loop descriptions and tags, identification of dominant failure modes & damage mechanism, knowledge of RBI procedures. Support Inspection supervision of static equipment during asset Turnarounds.
- Ensure Data validation of all the templates, create automation tools in order to expedite the process and speedy implementation. Review error log sheet, finding solutions and implement the same for maintaining high quality data uploads in the system.
- Analyze technical data, drawings, documents and processes for Upstream/IG/Downstream businesses across Shell by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project teams & partners.
- Creating equipment specific task lists for preventive, corrective and shutdown maintenances of the static equipment like Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers etc,
- Support projects, maintenance & improvements activities performed at the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.
- Enable the assigned asset operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations and it's on site employees in producing and compiling high value maintenance information and data, as measured by improvement trends in data quality.
- May be assigned as primary engineering analyst for smaller sites, plants and locations.
- Support the Technical Specialists and other engineers performing primary functions, with scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. This role is expected to help ensure:
- Data Maintenance for the site is performed error-free and within assigned controls (Clean the Stream).
- Assurance projects to extract, mine, clean, track, trend, analyze, or report are agreed with the site within local quality improvement plans.
- Provision, as a techincal specialist, for Technical Support that enables the Site to leverage the benefits of utilizing the Engineering Tools to the fullest extent.
- Participation in Group and Operational Excellence(OE) team efforts to Standardize processes, tools, benchmarks, standards and best practices. The role may also be assigned as part of the Site Team or Project Team working under an Senior Process Data Engineer .
Summarise in 5-7 statements the principal results expected from the job
- Preparation of RBI data sheets, converting process flow diagram into material selection diagrams, identifying corrosion loops, identifying integrity operating windows and operating parameters from corrosion monitoring framework, preparing corrosion loop descriptions and tags, identification of dominant failure modes & damage mechanism, knowledge of RBI procedures. Support asset inspection activities during Turnarounds and other Major maintenance activtiies.
- Primary responsibility in Preperation, cleansing, validation of inspection data for w-IMS deployment in the designated/assigned OUs, RBI data preparation.
- End to End RBI Assessment and implementation for Upstream/IG/Downstream sites within Shell using w-IMS tool.
- Preparation Inspection reports, analyzing the corrosion management framework, population of w-IMS templates.
- Create the Inspection, CAIR, RBI Reassement & corrosion monitoring schedules based on the PEI methodology and align with maintenance plans and items in CMMS.
- Interact and communicate with the site inspection/integrity engineers to deliver the inspection work orders in CMMS.
- Assist the Team Leads/Technical Specialist to develop, maintain and manage the Site Reference Document along with the Assets/operating units.
- Assist the Team Lead/Technical Specialist in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality or use in a technical support function including training site staff in ERPs or use of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of ERP functionality (e.g. using Measurement Points more effectively.) This Technical Support function includes supporting team leads and other staff on migration efforts.
Other back up accountabilities, as follows:
- Engagement with the Site stakeholders such as Requestors and Approvers to communicate plans, obtain feedback, and solicit improvements.
- Assist the team leads/project focals to standardize processes, tools, methods, procedures as directed (Ex: Improving the data quality standards and best practices).
- Network with counterparts and other levels of organization across the different data centers.
Capture in 2-3 statements key challenges to be faced in this job
- Business knowledge and operational skills on activities at the operating units, manufacturing site, chemical plant, supply chain and distribution location. Includes specific methods, software and hardware.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders. Includes strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication, as well as using Office Communciator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Shift work following asset operations across the globe.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- A self-starter leader and reliable deliverer, with very good verbal and written skills in English, able to negotiate with senior or difficult people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise integrity of data quality.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organisational levels across the globe, across diverse timezones.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipments and instruments and also thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Although the role involves the remote support to the Downstream operating units/sites. However, the candidate should be willing to travel to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Educational background, qualifications and experience typically required to perform the jobMandatory Education/Experience:
University Degree in Materials/Mechanical/ Industrial/ Metallurgical Engineering.
Required at least 3+ yrs. Of experience in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals/Power Plants/ degree in engineering / technical/maintenance jobs from one or more of the following fields: -
- Experience working in Inspection Management systems such as w-IMS and CMMS systems like SAP
- ASNT LEVEL II is Mandatory
- API 510 or API 570 (at least 1) certification or at least 3 years experience working with those standards is Mandatory
- Field experience in inspection processes, corrosion monitoring and related technical know-how, knowledge of various NDT processes, inspection management plans, piping integrity, inspection schedules and maintenance of static equipment like pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc, & knowledge in Risk Based Inspection(RBI) Methodology - API 570, 580, 510, and 581.
- Field experience in conducting corrosion monitoring inspection, wall thickness measurements, CUI, and experience in fabric maintenance/different types of insulation and installation techniques. Preparation of work packs and procedures related to MMI.
Desirables/Added Value :-
- Industrial experience in operations and maintenance/erection & commissioning of heavy rotating equipment like engines, compressors, turbines, centrifugal pumps, etc., with experience in maintenance planning, preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, maintenance plans, work and manpower estimation for major maintenance of the rotary and static equipment.
Working knowledge/Experience in maintaining Downstream/Upstream/IG Asset hierarchy/ Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW)/ AIM-EDMS/ SPI Intools / IDMS/ Web Inspection Management System (WIMS) is preferred.
Professional Engineering certification (API RBI-580/581/570/510 etc.,) is preferred.
Knowledge/Proficiency in SAP PM/MM module is an added value.
Knowledge/Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access etc., is highly desirable.
Knowledge/Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoPlant and other design and drafting software will be an added advantage.
Effective communication skill and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma CI methodology is an added value.
Virtual working experience highly desirable.Other Skills, Competence and Behavior:
Developed engagement and communication skills. Knowledge or higher-level awareness of the context in using technical data and documentation within technical data processes, Shell's physical processing assets (hardware) and associated operating processes (Cat Crackers, drilling ops, production and lube oil facilities). Ability to deal effectively with complexity and detail. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.