Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Pre-sales is the function that provides technical solution expertise to sales, customers %26amp; partners in Oracle.
- Working experience in helping customer with data solution requirements.
- Deep knowledge of Oracle database and its options including but not limited to RAC, DB Vault, TDE, Compression, DB security etc.
- Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS). Ability to deliver presentations, proof of concepts and demonstrations to customers.
- Candidate will lead to analyze, recommend, and present approaches to migrate complex applications to cloud
- Oracle has a large community of pre-sales consultants across India that daily engage in tasks such as:
- Lead customer engagements which involve multiple technologies and product sets
- Architect Solutions, present %26amp; demonstrate
- Advice customers %26amp; partners on how to best use Oracle products
- Respond to RFPs
- Interact with product development about new releases, new functionality
- As a pre-sales consultant, you have the chance to develop focused or domain specific knowledge around database, IaaS and PaaS.
- Good communication skills.
As a field, Principal pre-sales consultant, you will be tasked to support the India field pre-sales in a diverse number of ways. Ranging from Architecture %26amp; creating solution frameworks for customer%26#39;s business requirements, Applying Oracle cloud solutions creatively to meet the requirements, customizing demos to showcase the solution effectively. You should have the ability of building prototypes to directly supporting partners and/or customers with specific requests. THE JOB:
- Lead Customer Engagements from the perspective of Oracle cloud (IaaS and Paas) %26amp; ability to work across line of businesses such as systems, Database technologies, Applications.
- Build a cohesive relationship with the customer (senior executives %26amp; key decision makers)
- Responding to Customer Requests for Proposals; Providing commercially savvy answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
- Developing custom demos and POCs for specific customer opportunities.
- Delivering product training to partners in the classroom %26amp; over the web
- Answering technical (pre-sales oriented) questions about Oracle%26rsquo;s products and solutions
- A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases %26amp; Oracle%26rsquo;s strategy. This is done through self-study, on-line training, classroom trainings depending on the topic.
To fulfill the role of pre-sales consultant we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:Technical:
- Good understanding of the IT market %26amp; trends
- Technical/IT education, university degree
- Works in an IT related role today (presales consultant, Middleware Implementation expertise, technical support, consulting, development)
- An understanding of architecture, knowledge of IaaS and PaaS
- Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
- Good communication skills, both oral and written! You should not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Openness to work with different languages %26amp; cultures
- Results orientation, you won%26rsquo;t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many%5C colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Work experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Oracle is a very successful, profitable and leading international IT provider. With around 150000 employees Oracle provides an environment that enables employees to learn, grow and be successful. Specifically related to the pre-sales we provide:
- An environment that is focused on continuous learning.
- Ample opportunity to train on new products and to develop new personal skills
- A combination of deploying technical knowledge and sales abilities
- A challenging and interesting work environment with the possibility for interaction with colleagues, customers and partners across Europe
- Attractive salary and benefits
- A fun and varied job
- Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.