A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) :NoneJob Description
A core technical person who will be part of integrated global team in Harman, behind the premium navigation engine that power some of the most luxurious automotive brand names and is currently installed in millions of vehicles. You will be working on complex solutions for various navigation components, which are running on Harman navigation solution. The ideal candidate will have good analytical and problem solving skills, knowledge of engineering discipline, and preferably experience in Navigation domain
- Be a key driver behind the navigation core services of Harman
- Serve as the go-to authority for all technical questions related to navigation cloud services development from internal and external customers.
- Understand the requirements, design, develop and debug software in the field of automotive Navigation system (infotainment system).
- Task definition, documentation (High level design, Component design) implementation, code reviews and testing of functionality in the field of connected services / location based services. coordination of work packages with other domains
- As part of a matrix organization work alongside with architects, engineers, designers, testers and product managers in multiple locations as needed to help integrate and productize the solution.
- Leverage existing codebase but also seek ways to improve the navigation engine performance and capabilities (Performance Analysis / Profiling of implementation).
- Define use cases, negotiate interfaces and implement prototypes and solutions in the emerging field of navigation related online services to supply solutions at and beyond market expectations
- Writing Java/JEE code and be aware about code modularity, code performance, OOP and component driven code, self-explanatory code style.
- Integration of new functionality into an existing Java/JEE solution
- Elaboration and implementation of component design, concepts, algorithms for new features in area connected services / location based services
- Technical coordination with developers of navigation controllers, navigation engine and online services
- Stay up to date with current trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or similar education
- 8+ years of experience in Cloud Technologies and Distributed Systems
- Strong Java 8 and JEE programming skills with hands own experience.
- Strong knowledge in Data Structures and algorithms.
- 2+ years of combined experience in Apache Spark and Spark Streams
- Strong Experinece in RESTFule API’s or gRPC
- Strong experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Strong experience and Understanding Docker and its eco systems
- Strong experience in using google Protobuff or avro
- Strong experience in undertow based web applications
- Knowledge in In-Memory Cache like Hallow , Ignite
- Good experience in Geo-tools java frameworks
- Good understanding in Zipkin, filebeat
- Good in programming and problem solving.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and test driven development
- Experience in system performance optimization
- Good in design patterns
- Good in OOAD
- Experience with Unit test frame works like JUnit test.
- Self motivated, result driven individual, must be passionate about the work
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Automotive background preferable
- Understanding of UML diagrams
- Preferred experience on Navigation Data Standards and its tools and databases.
- Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies (S3, Lambda,Dynamodb)
- Preferred experience with Alibaba Cloud
- Understanding about Text to speech, map rendering, co-ordinate transformation, traffic information
- Experience with build tools CM tools (Git, perforce) is desirable.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, shell script are desirable.
Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()