A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This position is for a principal engineer for cyber security within the Lifestyle Automotive Audio division. Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products. Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing. Position will consist of working as part of the cyber security team for the development of amplifier products. The software development is mainly deeply embedded, written in C. The underlying architecture on the microprocessor is based on RTOS(OSEK/ucos-II) or AUTOSAR.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
The engineer will be responsible for design and development of cyber security architecture and documentation for our car audio products. The engineer must be able to understand various automotive OEM programs and guide the team for the implementation of cyber security requirements.
- Write and review cyber security requirements and characteristics
- Create solutions for the cyber security system architecture
- Perform cyber security engineering tasks on embedded systems for Amplifier products including implementation, test methods for cyber security, testing and mitigating issues from testing
- Working knowledge on security standards and cryptographic algorithms
- Working experience on the support of hardware on cyber security (like HSM)
- Sound knowledge on Symmetric/Asymmetric Encryption/Decryption and signature handling
- Good knowledge on the implications of cyber security on the production (Secure flashing, tools required, etc.)
- Support project managers in planning of cyber security activities and process conformance
- Assist customers with cyber security specifications
- Able to prepare guidelines and standards on cyber security
- Desirable to have the knowledge of AUTOSAR support for Cyber Security
- Understand the multitasking needs as per ECU SW Architecture, interfaces with HAL/Low level drivers and performance needs
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program supported by local SMEs
- Possesses right problem solving skills
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate Hardware and software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years of industry experience for Bachelor or 8 years for Master in embedded system designs, preferably in automotive industry
- Broad knowledge of embedded HW and SW
- 4+ years of experience in system level cyber security concepts and architecture
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Working knowledge of development processes and process models such as CMMI or ASPICE.
- Hands on root cause analysis processes
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex System/functional defects.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Experience with uC-OSII/OSEK/FreeRTOS or other embedded RTOS and low level driver development
- Experience with System design of ECUs for Automotive OEMs
- Experience with requirement management tools and preferably with IBM Doors
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Position is in Bangalore, India
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! ()
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()