A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This position is principle engineer position within the Lifestyle Automotive Audio division. Products that will be developed are OEM automotive amplifiers and other similar audio processing products. Products typically consist of a main microcontroller for configuration, communication and control and a DSP processor for audio processing. Position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the development of amplifier products. Software development work will be mainly deeply embedded, written in C, occasionally additional testing or development tools may need to be developed on a PC. The underlying architecture on the microprocessor is based on AutoSAR.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process. The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality. The engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end software development for an amplifier product(s). The engineer must be able to develop CDD drivers for AutoSar application.
- Take full technical ownership of the software architecture of amplification products (Diagnostics, Communication, Flashing, Bootloader, Autosar)
- Analyze the software requirements allocated to such an area and map the analyzed requirements to a new or existing software architecture
- Evaluate and document the software architecture and present it to internal management, sales representatives and at customer meetings
- Lead and manage the implementation of the software architecture with development teams spread across the globe.
- Closely cooperate with the test team responsible for software integration and functional testing
- Be a strong partner to the System Engineering team by contributing positively with technical knowledge and ideas in optimizing product design
- Contribute actively in handling RFIs/RFQs by proposing software architectures for different products
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger’s, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program supported by local SMEs
- Work with off-shore development and validation teams to support in the software development activity.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers supported by regional SME.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups..
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 9+ years of microcontroller embedded software development or testing.
- 9+ years of C or other structured language.
- 9+ years of AutoSar experience (developing CDDs, configuring BSW with Davinci configurator and Davinci Developer)
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, MOST, etc).
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with project schedules.
- Experienced to configure BSW AutoSAR components in Davinci Configurator, Davinci Developer
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Profound knowledge of software architecture styles and design principles
- Profound knowledge of OOA/OOD, UML, and object-oriented software languages using C/ C++
- Very good knowledge with AutoSar
- Very good knowledge of communication bus architectures like CAN, Ethernet/AVB as well as communication protocols In-depth knowledge of acoustics
- Very good experience in one or more of the following areas required: infotainment: solutions, multiprocessor architecture, multimedia products
- Experience with uC-OSII or other embedded RTOS
- Experience with V850 micro controllers
- Experience with S32k micro controllers
- Experience with ARM based development
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time.
- Position is in Bengalure, India
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! ()
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()