Principal Architect- Cyber-security: Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Job Location – Hyderabad
What We Need
The Application Security Architect is a highly technical member of a small technical team, that will provide strategic direction, leadership and vision to refine and implement security orchestration – aimed at mitigating cyber security threats across all endpoints and architectures deployed across a hybrid cloud environment.
The right candidate will rely on their passion for security, automation and continuous improvement; and will collaborate closely and frequently with engineers and architects across multiple teams and functions; in order to improve the company’s overall security posture.
What you will Do
The Application Security Architect is responsible for steering the enterprise Application Security program, building relationships with development teams and being a security evangelist who can translate security concepts into language that is meaningful to both business and technical audiences promoting utilization of tools.
• Establish and drive enterprise-wide management programs for application vulnerability testing.
• Builds good relationships with technical teams across other functions.
• Improving and supporting application security tool deployments, including static analysis and run-time testing tools.
• Ensure that developers are trained with the appropriate level of security knowledge to perform their daily activities.
• Improving and maintaining Secure Development Standards.
• Providing security requirements for test-driven design, advising development teams. On how to best utilize security platforms.
• Producing metrics reporting the state of application security programs and performance against requirements.
• Research and report on current trends in cyber-crime and cyber security.
• Evaluates and recommends new and emerging security products and technologies.
• Implements and promotes the adoption of proactive security concepts, such as threat hunting and threat modeling to improve the existing security strategy.
• Mentors other members of Information Security.
• Understands existing processes and identifies how to improve and streamline them in order to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
• Works with various teams to create, update, and improve the accessibility of security through automation and other means.
• Maintain awareness of emerging development tools and services, including cloud.
• Assist development teams with onboarding applications to integrate security tools and processes.
• Serve as an advocate for development teams, capturing feedback and requests to improve tools.
• Helps define and shape the future of CyberSecurity at GE Appliances.
What you need to Succeed
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
• A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in IT
• Vulnerability and threat analysis experience
• Sound understanding of the cyber security capabilities and threat landscape
• Sound understanding of cloud computing with a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience.
• Sound development background with a min. 7 yr. experience.
• Sound information security background, with a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience.
• Advanced knowledge in identity and access management, authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI, and security monitoring methodologies and technologies
• Experience with security architecture, threat modeling, secure application development, developing security controls architecture patterns, and creating strategies and road maps.
• AWS – Associate Level certified.
• Comfortable with different programming languages, such as C++, and Java, Ruby, Python.
• At ease at excelling in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
• Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
• AWS – Professional Level certified.
• OSCP and CISSP or equivalent security accreditation
• ICS/SCADA/PLC proficiency and experience with best practice implementation
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.