Position OverviewJob Level-AssociateProcess-Accounting close Role Description - SummaryFinance
It is crucial for the bank to understand how profitable each businesses activity is and Finance has a responsibility to understand precisely the resource commitment the bank makes to any given client or transaction e.g. cost, capital, funding, liquidity and risk. Finance is playing a central role in keeping the bank focused on simplification and financial resource management.
With our diverse teams in 47 countries, we offer a broad portfolio of capabilities. Our key functions range from Group Finance, Treasury, Planning and Performance Management, and Investor Relations to enabling functions such as Finance Change and Administration. These teams make sure we cover all Finance specific aspects for our internal and external stakeholders such as shareholder, employees, clients and regulators. Together, it is the role of Finance to oversee all financial details for Deutsche Bank globally.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we do. That's why Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and accurate is critical
The Associate will be part of Financial Reporting work stream and will be responsible for providing guidance to the team on IFRS reporting, Basta and HGB reporting. The primary function of the role is to support and guide the team doing month end related activities and HO reporting. He She should develop self and others to gain expertise in the Reporting process, lead the change management initiatives in the business. He is responsible for the quality assurance of the processes within the team to ensure zero defects.What we'll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
Responsibilities / Tasks
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangements / Work from Home Option (if necessary)
- On job training on various International Reporting Standards relevant to the profile
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Experience / Exposure
- Knowledge of IFRS GAAP relevant to day-to-day accounting and reporting requirements for Financial Reporting
- Performance of Month end close
- Quality assurance of the output on a daily basis keeping in mind the expected standards of delivery as well as various related SLA/KPI's
- Maintaining SOX documentation for key controls
- Supporting in internal & external audits
- Escalate issues coming out of the process and key controls that may impact the validity of reported data
- Understand the complete end-to-end process flow from month-end journals to GL reporting and in certain instances to regulatory reports with regulators.
- Review team tasks & processes on regular basis and contribute to reengineering / efficiency initiatives
- Contributes to suggestions for process improvement, systems development or enhanced customer service
- Ensure the impact of escalations is considered and reviewed at an appropriate level
- Consistently maintain high levels of customer service.
- Actively inform clients of new developments and provide status updates
- Responsible for the list of various activities that have been assigned including end to end reconciliations.
- Responsible for Financial data transfer from local reporting system into Global reporting system, reconciliation between the Local & Global systems.
- Responsible for Running Validation reports & clearing/addressing the responsible persons to clear those errors.
- Capable of completing all the tax reconciliations & day-to- day control operations
- Continuous follow up and discussions with onshore customers to update on the progress of reconciliations and the impact if any as a result of identified breaks
- Escalations & heads up of all misses in KPIs to AVP - Be Client/ Colleague/ Process/ Systems
- Preparing & posting Consolidation, Elimination & Tax entries
- Preparing & submitting of Monthly ,Quarterly, Yearlty Forms within the Head Office governed deadline.
- Ensure 4 eye principle is carried out across all critical deliverables and processes
- Ensure Process check list / controls is followed diligently.
- Recognising control weakness and driving through the appropriate changes
- Responsible for regulatory reporting.
- Follow up with BAC
- Provide timely update to line manager on the list of issues if any (system , process)
- Professional experience preferably in Finance teams of banks, investment banks or professional accounting / audit firms or in a similar capacity in a BPO / KPO centre.
- Should have handled preparation of financial statements as per IFRS requirements.
- Should have handled finalization of Financial Statements independently for at least 2 year ends
Prior experience in a controllership role is requiredSoft Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written)
- Displays a high degree of control awareness
- Strong analytical / business problem-solving skills
Education / Certification
- Well organized & able to clearly present results of work
- Drive process improvement, identify Non Value adds and eliminate them.
- Diligent, thorough, shows initiative and is proactive
- Ability to challenge status quo.
- Post-Graduation with 6 years experience
Qualified Accountant with 5 years experienceHow we'll support you
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:l
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.