Partnership Specialist (Natcom)Job no: 523683
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, NO-3
Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Working closely with National Committees, develop strategies that match their fundraising objectives while also aligning with India Country Office funding needs. This proactive approach of working with National Committees will require identifying and build relationships with key stakeholders in key National Committees.
- Respond and ensure quality and prompt response to inquiries from National Committees regarding opportunities for funding programmes or profiling India programmes abroad.
- Collaborate with relevant internal partners, especially with Programme and Field Office teams to ensure appropriate management of National Committees grants. This will include both the creation of concept notes/proposals as well as reports and other stewardship activities.
- Enhance RMP efficiency and effectiveness through monitoring of income projections, income reporting, grant and reports monitoring and all other business intelligence tools to ensure India Country Offices has a sustainable source of income through National Committees.
- Manage Field visits and other stewardships activities related directly to National Committees or their partners.
- Ensure quality and timely donor reports as a key stewardship material towards both National Committees and their partners.
- Oversee other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action, especially in agreed strategic plan which ensures maximum effectiveness of fund availability from new donors as well as maximum diversification of risks.
- Supervise, oversee and monitor Officer(s), Assistant(s) and/or consultants(s).
Impact of Results
(a) Describe the type of decisions regularly made and the impact of those decisions.
The incumbent shall function within the rules and regulations. Decisions involving deviation from them requires consultation with and guidance from the supervisor. Briefing of and coordination with contractors and suppliers shall be based on the agreed upon direction, conditions and objectives.
Decides on which and how to work with National Committees to support their fundraising efforts while increasing the amount and longevity of funds to India Country Office.
(b) Describe the type of recommendations regularly made and why these are important.
Recommends which National Committees to work with that will bring the most sustainable income to India Country Office.
Recommends which materials to produce and how these should be done in the most efficient way to acquire and retain income from National Committees.
Recommends solutions to unforeseen that may arise with National Committees and their partners.
These recommendations contribute to effectiveness and efficiency of the fundraising strategy and plans.
(c) Describe the most damaging error(s) that could be made in the work and the consequences they would have.
Lack of understanding of UNICEF’s needs and fundraising guidelines and an incorrect approach would lead to ineffectiveness of fundraising delivery and misuse of financial resources. Ineffective coordination and management between Programme and Field Offices may result in inefficiencies and in conflict with this key stakeholder. It may also impact relationships with suppliers, and subsequently UNICEF’s reputation.
Competencies and level of proficiency required:
- Communication (III)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (III)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Learning and Researching (II)
Advanced (Master's) University degree in Marketing, Business Administration or closely related fields is required.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience in acquiring new high value partners like Business, Foundations and Major Donors. Experience in working or managing National Committees preferred. Fundraising experience will be a preference.
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a nonsmoking working environment.
- For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in/