Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- In close coordination with the Corporate Partnerships Manager and direct supervision of Fundraising Specialist, prospect, outreach, cultivate, pitch and negotiate with companies, aiming at generating additional income and value through national and regional and sub-regional alliances throughout the full pipeline cycle and throughout the full value spectrum (estimated income of above $100,000, up to $500,000 and multi-million).
- Manage the process to secure cause-marketing, customer and employee fundraising and other modalities of partnerships that deliver both on income, brand building, advocacy, and programmes and other strategic goals for UNICEF in India.
- Map the appropriate list of companies for which partnerships that leverage the UNICEF brand would be an attractive proposition. Build a set of prospect list adequate for Cause Marketing, Customer Fundraising and Employee Fundraising. In addition, identify the right potential partner that can support UNICEF India efforts in building its pledge donors as well as other kind of supporters. Coordinate outreach with Fundraising colleagues in the Partnerships team, especially other new business corporate partnerships colleagues.
- Conduct enough outreach meetings that allows to the right conversion to partnership. These meetings can be conducted in person, remotely or delegating them to other UNICEF India colleagues present in different States. Reporting monthly on progress against new business pipeline and income targets (including number of first meetings and number of prospects in active partnership discussions).
- Deliver presentations, pitches and manage meetings with key corporate stakeholders (like Marketing, Communications and Operation managers).
- Through interaction with the business sector, identify value to business in partnerships that use marketing as a key strategy. Develop materials that demonstrate business case to Corporates in the different modalities while looking for efficiencies in the further management of these.
- Liaising with UNICEF PFP Due Diligence, legal and communication teams to ensure screening, proposal review and contracting is undertaken effectively.
- Negotiate the best deal for children while ensuring sustainability and manage all legal process.
- Build learnings from all interactions and engagements with the business sector and incorporate in the Corporate Partnerships strategy in UNICEF India.
- Providing inputs to Fundraising Specialist to ensure successful corporate fundraising strategy, plan and results.
- Perform any other tasks, as required.
Impact of Results
(a) Describe the type of decisions regularly made and the impact of those decisions.
Efficient and effective delivery against the above accountabilities will result in securing several national and international partnership with corporates in India. This will secure a significant income for UNICEF’s programmes annually as well as other key non-financial outcomes. High performance of the incumbent in the above functions will result in the creation of a series of partnership models that match corporate demand.
Decision on matters related to proposing partnership design and agreements. The process is supported by UNICEF global guidelines and internal approval processes. Any error in decision making can have a negative impact on incomes and UNICEF reputation
(b) Describe the type of recommendations regularly made and why these are important.
Recommendation of potential prospect partners and types of partnerships. Recommendation on donor conditionality.
(c) Describe the most damaging error(s) that could be made in the work and the consequences they would have.
- Any error in decision making can have a negative impact on incomes and UNICEF reputation.
- Competencies and level of proficiency required:
- Core Values:
-Working with People (II)
-Drive for Results (III)
-Formulating Strategies and Concepts (II)
-Relating & Networking (II)
-Persuading and Influencing (III)
-Entrepreneurial Thinking (II)
Advanced university degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration, Social sciences, Fundraising or equivalent. A first university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
At least 5 years of professional experience in negotiating and cultivating relations with external corporate partners, either in the public or the private sector. Familiarity with Corporate fundraising and/or Corporate Engagement would be an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Selected applicant will have an initial two (2) year fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
- UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a nonsmoking working environment.
- For more information about UNICEF India, please refer to the link below: - http://unicef.in/