About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Engage regularly with the Cluster Head of Operational Resilience (Cluster Head) as required to support the delivery of Resilience deliverables in geographies on time whilst meeting internal group policy/standard as well as external regulatory requirements.
- Support the Cluster Head as required to implement the first line deliverables in countries &ndash including but not limited to the identification of important business services, setting of impact tolerance statements and monitoring of performance metrics etc.
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) - support the Cluster Head and DCCs -
- To review/complete the updates and approvals for existing documentation (manually or in MetricStream) at least annually or when there are significant changes to the business.
- For new BIAs and BCPs, ensure that these documents are reviewed and completed within the group BCM standard stipulated time frame.
- Business Resilience Testing Coordination - support the Cluster Head, DCCs and Country Technology Teams as required -
- To maintain overall country business resilience test calendars (including ITR/DR testing calendar if required), ensure that all aspect of the testing are delivered as scheduled and changes in test dates are properly socialized and communicated to the respective DCCs and business/function heads.
- To assist with all activities related to test preparation, coordination, documentation, meeting minutes, post testing reports etc.
- To assist with tracking test participation & attendance, status of test script population and approvals, test scripts archive as evidence etc.
- To maintain test issue logs and track the open issues until they are fully resolved.
- Provide centralized administrative and logistics support for all first line deliverables in Resilience across the pillars in Business Resilience, Crisis Management, Operational Resilience (PRA), Third Party Resilience, Operational Continuity & Resolution (OCIR) as well as ICS for the Operational Resilience Geographies team (Op Res Geo).
- Provide centralised support for global Resilience key initiatives including but not limited to the geographical roll-out of BCM automation tool - MetricStream and emergency notification tool &ndash Everbridge.
- MetricStream - Assist and complete all pre-migration activities (including user assess consolidation, training, system navigation etc.). During migration, support the Department Continuity Coordinators (DCCs) with the migration of the BIAs and BCPs. Post migration in BAU, provide helpdesk support to address queries and support the DCCs with the annual refresh of the BIAs and BCPs.
- EverBridge - Post notification test follow up with the &ldquono response&rdquo staff and other issues.
- Support the Cluster Head to ensure all business recovery spaces (internal and external) are properly documented and moves and churns by Business and/or Property are kept up to date.
- Support the Cluster with the reviews and updates of the Country DCC & Global BCM community list on the Business Resilience Bridge Page on a monthly basis to ensure they stay current.
- Support the Cluster Head with the review, assessment of (new & existing) critical third party vendors resilience capabilities (TPBIA) and the remediation of gaps in the TPCP if required. In addition, maintain database of High Risk Arrangements (HRA) monthly, conduct cross reference checks against data provided by SCM and report exceptions monthly to Group Resilience (for reporting to the Board as part of Group Risk Appetite). On an annual basis, for critical vendors, support the Cluster Head to conduct desktop walkthrough exercise for contract managers.
- Support the Cluster Head to ensure all pillars of the Resilience program comply and align to internal Group policies, standards, guidelines and controls as well as external regulatory requirements. Coordinate with Cluster Head to update and maintain the Global BCM country regulatory compliance tracker.
- Provide Internal Audit Support by serving as first point of contact for audit RFIs (request for information) and subsequently track status of response to the RFIs. Support the Regional Heads, Cluster Head to review the RFIs to ensure that they are appropriate and within scope of the audit, assist with the consolidation of responses and evidences as required. Provide support to centrally track findings, action plans and completion status post audit.
- Support the Cluster Head to manage, coordinate and update geographical Crisis Management Plans and related databases. Support the Cluster Head to deliver geographical crisis management exercise if required. During crisis management, provide real time support to Op Res Geo team by maintaining chronology of events, assist with tracking of follow-up action items etc. Post crisis management and BCP invocation, assist with post incident reviews and input into Crisis Management Tracker owned by the Head, Crisis Management (for significant incident only).
- Support 2LOD operational risk activities as required, conduct control sampling checks and support the completion of the annual Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA).
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support the Cluster Head to update the monthly resilience compliance & governance tracker and assist with the consolidation of month-end statistics (for presentation in the bi-monthly Senior Management Regime).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to the [TDR/Resilience/Operational Resilience function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Operational Resilience Geographies team
- Group Resiliency team
- Departmental Continuity Coordinators in business and functions
- Region/Country SCM and TPRM contacts for maintenance of third party resilience capabilities
- Country Technology Teams
- Business resilience, crisis management, IT disaster recovery, third party risk management and/or operational risk background with 3 to 5 years of hand-on experience, preferably in Banking or Financial Industry.
- Data Analysis skills - able to analyse data trends & independently assimilate, analyse, and evaluate information from large and disperse data sets.
- Inquisitive, service oriented attitude with an eye for process improvement - experience of & aptitude for identifying & implementing process improvements.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of autonomy and initiative.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing) to be able to communicate issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of banking operations, technological infrastructure and IT systems, broad understanding of banking industry, customers, functions, products and the regulatory requirements governing banking operations.
- The bearing, temperament, and stakeholder management skills to manage relations with the DCCs, Contract Managers and stakeholders etc.
- An aptitude to acquire professional knowledge and educational accreditation in Operational Resilience.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.