About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- To perform as maker where incumbent need to assist the Manager in the daily operations to achieve service quality by meeting/ exceeding service standards and achieving zero defect for Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM).
- To discharge operational duties of the Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM) as instructed by the Manager of the Unit and ensure that the established service standards are met.
- To perform specific duties as instructed by the team manager in accordance to the relevant procedures, guidelines, instructions and standards set in order to meet the productivity and service standards set.
- To support the development of the Cash Management Operations processing systems to meet local and business needs and more importantly in meeting the needs of the clients.
- To implement quality initiatives and activities of the division in accordance to the Group&rsquos Quality System.
- Strategy: -
- Manage teams in building a stronger relationship with our clients and customers.
- Manage initiatives to innovate and digitize their processes as well as intensifying collaboration across the network.
- To accelerate new generation of leaders.
- Manage all initiatives to get more fit and flexible in the way we work.
- Focus on proving that we are here for good.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customers to ensure that service issues are promptly escalated and acted upon
- Initiating & implementing service quality initiatives
- Uphold the values of the Group and company at all times.
People and Talent:
- Ensuring continuous improvement in timeliness to the standards prescribed for the process from time to time.
- Releasing deals as per the department operating instruction manual, customers instructions and within the timeliness and accuracy standards specified.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Rules / Regulations and Company and Group Policies. Identifying exceptions from the norms & initiating corrective and preventive actions.
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures and Sanctions to the extend applicable and reporting all suspicious Transaction to the Line Manager.
- Where applicable, ensure compliance to Group and Country Regulations are managed to the extend agreed with the Countries and ensure all staff adhere to the same.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure provision of ongoing training and development, to larger teams and ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified with effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor jib descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Promoting an environment where all team members develop a sense of involvement in the conduct of their regular work and contribute ideas with the objective of achieving excellence in service quality.
- Responsible for the Audit and Risk Control Standard associated with Cash Services operations.
- To ensure approved generic Product Programs and their corresponding Country Product Templates are in place before any product is accepted for implementation by Service Delivery. To refer any instances to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and monthly risk exception reporting.
- To proactively monitor and manage operational risks, system risk and channel risk of the products and to highlight any potential and actual breakdown of controls to Group Operations and CORG via KPIs and risk exception reporting.
- Work with UORM to develop, design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management
- Timely update of monitoring conducted in ORMA Optial Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide oversight across three hubs, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This incudes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money &ndash laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct in SSC Cash to ensure that adherence with the highest standard of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Processing Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM) and relevant transactions guided by the operating procedures, guidelines, policies and standards set.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.), defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for anti-money laundering prevention and sanctions related checking (i.e. Understanding the policy, reporting procedure and escalation procedure)
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to anti-money laundering and Sanctions related checking, by acquiring relevant knowledge and training and provide support to superiors and subordinates.
- Conforming and adhering to the Team&rsquos risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, CMO Policies, and reconciliation of outstanding items, scanning, SCSTAR and end-of-day reports.
- Comply with exceptions for Callback, Signature Verification and Payment Processing in which respective role needs to be performed independently.
- Any ad-hoc roles changes will require Head of Department or Manager&rsquos approval before assuming new role temporarily or permanently in line with segregation of duties.
- Achieves the processing turnaround standards as stipulated in the Service Level Agreement between the dept. and various Spoke countries and meeting productivity standards in terms of processing efficiency and accuracy of output.
- Meeting of own performance objectives and contribute in achieving the team&rsquos objectives.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
- Assist the Team Manager in coaching selected team members to achieve the desired level of productivity and competency.
- Contributing ideas for improvement on processes, procedures, end-to-end processing, etc. to team management.
- Complete non-routine assigned task (e.g. testing, BCP) within the set deadline.
- No complaints from customers related to poor and indifferent service attitude and discourtesy. To pick up calls by 3 rings using standard script and practice standard code of SQ one bank.
- Zero operational write-offs. No transaction errors/operational losses through accurate processing or data input with effective control and risk management.
- No major adverse findings from internal auditors or external auditors including quality audits.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications University educated
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations none additional
- Professional Memberships relevant memberships to be agreed
- Bank training none additional
- Languages English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.