Job Description :
Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (ADSIPL) is looking for an experienced and motivated Network Technician to join our fun and growing team within ADSIPL Infrastructure Delivery. Our team’s responsibilities are varied and involve project work managing new deployments regions. As a Network Technician you will be closely working with the ADSIPL team, and with our internal customers, vendors and other regional colleagues.
You will be an ideal candidate if you are autonomous, detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and experienced in supporting enterprise class networks. You as a Network Technician will have experience in installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware with a proven background in successful project delivery.
This role will provide you with high levels of autonomy to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to assist in the delivery of new AWS region deployments.
As a Network Technician you will be working with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and constantly think proactively and innovatively. Your desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment will be the key to success in this role.
In addition, the role will require travel of up to 80%
Basic Qualifications :
· Ability to deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes with a thinking big mindset, with an eye on improvement
· Working closely with our various teams across the organization to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
· Excellent analytical skills with an ability to prioritize tasks based on variable project requirements.
· Ability to work collaboratively with various stake holders to remove project obstacles if any.
· Broad understanding and knowledge of infrastructure technologies including cabling infrastructure, fiber optics, and various testing equipment such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR
· Experience working with cabling infrastructure including troubleshooting, best practices and methodologies
· Experience in network troubleshooting including routing and inter connectivity issues, device configuration
· Experience in understanding and defining the Power and Cooling requirements for various different types of equipment
· Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, with appropriate passport and visa conditions being met.
Preferred Qualifications :
· AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience working with a medium to large, complex project scopes within work environment.
· Good understanding of major Network Operating Systems from various vendors e.g. Cisco IOS, JunOS etc.
· Good understanding of and common Networking Protocols e.g. BGP, OSPF etc.
· Experienced working in enterprise grade virtualization networking environments.
· Working experience with IT best practice frameworks e.g. ITIL, LEAN, AGILE etc.
· Experience with Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies
Other Qualifications & Responsibilities:
· Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
· Strong prioritization and time management ability.
· Travel will be required at intervals.
· Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 50lbs (25kg) is preferred, however there are equipment lifters in most locations to assist.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **