Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Analyst/ Sr. Analyst/ Manager - Business ConsultingGAC is an innovative community leveraging the best of data and analytics capabilities to enable smarter decisions and drive profitable growth. Rightly positioned in the two major intellectual hubs of India, Poland and China, it attracts a rich mix of resources across business consulting, data analysts, decisions scientists and advance analytics professionals. Being in these locations also enables HSBC to leverage talent from the rich academic and start-up ecosystem to keep up to date with the latest in the industry.Today, the GAC team generates value across the group through a wide variety of data and analytic solutions and related business consulting. GAC has become a one-stop shop for the group's analytic needs leading the integration of analytics and data-driven decisions not only in traditional areas such as Risk, Retail, Wholesale, Private & Commercial Banking but also in new domains such as Regulatory, Operations, Procurement, Human Resources, and Financial Crime Risk. It provides support to various business groups and the job involves data analysis, model and strategy development & implementation, Business Intelligence, reporting and data management.There are primarily four job families in GAC: Decision Sciences, Information Management, Business Consulting and MI Reporting. This role applies to the Business Consulting job family within the Analytics function supporting various businesses and functions. Global Business/Global Function (Ex: WPB, CMB, GRA etc.):The GDC/ GAC Wholesale unit in Kolkata/Bangalore provides analytics, data & insight support to various HSBC CMB/ GB portfolios. Team's focus is on using logical thought process and relevant statistical techniques and right tools & techniques & productize scaled solutions to analyze product portfolio metrics and risk behavior to arrive at value-based optimum decisionsWholesale CDAO Function: This function is part of the Wholesale COO function and aims at bringing together existing CMB and GB D&A functions into a single Wholesale Data & Analytics function. As part of this significant programme of change, the function is expected to re-design and rationalize the Analytics, Technology, Architecture and Data. The key areas of focus for the WCDAO function include:
- Defining the Wholesale Data & Analytics strategy with a focus on Asia. Continue to stretch HSBCs ambition and push boundaries on the use and adoption of Data & Analytics to unlock value and drive growth (10x). Continue the pivot to all Regions to deliver value to our stakeholders - customers, employees, regulator and investors. (build locally, deploy globally)
- Embed Customer Led Design in our delivery life-cycle and evolve our delivery methods (continued focus on agile @scale).
- Design and build a Customer Responsive Architecture - delivering on customer expectations in understanding their needs by capturing, interpreting and connecting every customer and market event in real-time.
- Driving Next Gen MI - shape how we run, manage and report on our business (in real-time)
- Deliver a new Operating model. Scale of common and shared services (utilities) with the potential to Build, Operate and Transfer utilities into 1. Group 2. Platform integration/convergence 3. Effective Organization Design 4. Embed Minimum Viable Governance
- Deliver and evidence return on investment on our committed Book of Work.
- Collaborate effectively with xLoB, Group Functions and Group with a particular focus on building common capabilities and stakeholder value
- Gain industry recognition for delivering a differentiating proposition to our key stakeholders
- People Focus - Investment in our People, with focus in the areas of Career Planning and development, Customer Experience, Raising awareness in Risk, Control and Finance & Story Telling.
Management of Risk/Internal Controls/Compliance:
Business Consulting job family is structured to address end-to-end business needs. Members of this Job Family are differentiated by their capability of providing the required consultation & work with end-business by way of assessing the requirements, identifying the right analytical solution that can solve for the business problem, and developing the same for execution - often covering areas of business growth, improving customer experience, limiting risk exposure, enhancing internal business processes etc.,. They are required to, as necessary, embed agile & exploratory practices into their approach as needed, and retain the flexibility to change track to adopt other solutions based on changed scenarios, in order to deliver on effective results. This talent group can be tapped into for providing solutions for varying areas including improving existing processes, technology and approaches by embedding exploratory & analytics & taking it forward with a consulting mind set.
- Provide strategic and analytical support to for multiple markets or a region
- Complete analysis as required and document results and present findings along with recommendations to stakeholders
- Execute moderate to complex analysis and strategy development with help of the supervisor
- Work towards building expertise and knowledge in area of work
- Independently delivers end to end on simple projects. Assists in delivery of more complicated analyses/strategy under supervision of the team lead within agreed timelines and as per agreed quality standards.
- Apply analytical skills to extract information from data and translate into business language
- Implement best solutions within decision systems, satisfying user requirements
- Use of data to improve customer outcomes through the provision of insight and challenge
- Articulate complex situations and technical work to non-technical stakeholders
- Produce, maintain & improve a suite of strategic and ad-hoc reports.
- The jobholder will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators QualificationsSkills/Experience Required:
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- At least 1 to 6 years of hands-on analytics experience solving complex business problems using data
- Bachelors/ Master's degree from reputed university in statistics, economics or any other quantitative fields
- Strong analytical skills with business analysis experience or equivalent. Knowledge and understanding of financial-services/ banking-operations preferred.
- Knowledge of forecasting and statistical modelling techniques, market research and multivariate analysis tools (e.g., factor and cluster analysis, conjoint analysis etc.) is a plus
- Strong programming skills and sound theoretical knowledge of R, Python, SAS, SQL or other equivalent analytical tools is required
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***