Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
PayPal is a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every single day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
You are applying for a position within Paypal Site Reliability & Cloud Engineering (SRCE). PayPal SRCE is a continuous engineering discipline that effectively combines software development and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working to ensure that PayPals internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to our users needs.
As a PayPal SRCE Engineer part of the Platform Engineering team , youll have the opportunity to:
Work directly with Product Development teams on features, operations and reliability engineering, to improve the outcomes that our customers deserve. Your contributions will make a difference in the production code that serves 240+ million users and 17+ million merchants.
Work to Empower Developers to own their availability, performance and efficiency through SRE platform and product capabilities
Lead the Products to Platform transformation.
Build scalable and reliable platform capabilities that enhances DevOps potential (Automated Incident Management, Auto Triage, Release decisioning and Auto Recovery)
Develop and improve production monitoring and management capabilities using existing platforms and tools.
Be the primary enabler in the reduction of Failed Customer Interactions to raise the our availability to all of our users.
1. Bachelor's and /or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
2. Strong Experience collaborating with business users to define the key business requirements and translate them into process/technical solutions
3. Experience applying software design patterns, data structures, algorithms.
4. Competent in designing and building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting.
5. Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
6. Expert hands on development experience using JAVA and Spring Core.
7. Good understanding of and experience applying object-oriented design and development principles.
8. Experience in messaging technologies like Kafka is preferred.
10. Knowledge & experience in AI/ML concepts is a plus.
11. Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, etc.), including strong data architecture and SQL development skills and Non-Relational Databases (such as Mongo, Cassandra, and/or Riak).
12. Experience using industry standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration)
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].