Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Fuelled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo, and Xoom enable consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies, and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, integrating with various other APIs in real-time, and yet providing high availability to the business. To achieve this, we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs.Senior Software Engineer Job Description Summary
PayPal Payouts is a global, high growth product. This Business to Consumer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) product allows our customers to pay thousands of their customers each and every day.
Payouts Engagement team is responsible for building world class servicing platform with elegant customer experience to serve markets around the world. The team is made up of software developers who have a passion for creating scalable platforms and easy to use interfaces. As a software engineer in Payouts Engineering team you will be instrumental in building next generation platform and craft solutions capable of delivering millions of hits every day. Candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development. Candidate should be passionate about bringing great experiences to life and comfortable working with back-end tech stacks, development frameworks, and third-party libraries.
The prospective candidate will be working with various cross-functional groups (Products, Engineering, UX, and Architects) and will require strong negotiation and influencing skills. The person is also expected to be an able individual contributor, a lead, a mentor, and a peer.Responsibilities:
- Design and develop highly scalable and available applications for mission-critical systems
- Work with product management to design or simplify APIs
- Write clean, functional code for the front-end and back-end features.
- Design, develop and maintain client-side and server-side software components including Web, REST APIs, GraphQL Api, real-time systems and batches.
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Provide technical solutions to meet business requirements
- Actively mentor and coach engineers on technology and engineering aspects
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
Required soft skills
- 5+ years of experience in software development designing and implementing scalable, fault tolerant components.
- 3+ years of work experience developing back-end systems in Java
- Experience on common stacks across back-end tech stacks
- Experience working on webservices/REST API, GraphQL, Event driven real-time systems and Batch components using Spring Framework, muti-threaded programming.
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL, Build tools.
- Strong skill in data structure and algorithm
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery, deploying in containers like Dockers
- Experience with unit testing/functional automation testing and tools
- Proven experience delivering complex software projects and solutions effectively through Agile methodologies on a regular release cadence.
- Experience in the online payments or related domain is a plus
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Unix Shell Script etc.)
- Experience in Akka/ Node.js is a plus.
- Solid understanding of application security.
- Provide leadership to others, particularly junior engineers who work on the same team or related product features.
- Proven experience delivering complex software projects and solutions effectively through Agile methodologies on a regular release cadence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Bachelors and /or Masters degree in computer science or equivalent.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].