Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
We are looking for a talented Technical Lead to help us strengthen our world class risk prevention and mitigation systems in order to successfully combat cybercrime. Risk engineering team is responsible for fraud detection, risk management and regulatory compliance services across PayPal - globally. We design, develop, enhance and support services that get called across every interaction between PayPal and its users and partners. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology likes AI, Machine learning and data science and tying those back to business needs. In this versatile role, you will be responsible for helping shape the future of mission critical risk systems. You will be collaborating closely with engineering, product and operations to design and develop features for our highly complex and heavily distributed risk environment. Our engineers build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a deep understanding of business processes.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 8+ years hands-on in the following areas:
- Technologically savvy with excellent communication and technical leadership skills.
- Expert-level knowledge on RESTful APIs & Fundamentals of Web.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to mentor team members and help in building high-performance teams.
- Java, OO-based design and development.
- Development in/for Linux environment.
- Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Github, and other open sources Java Libraries.
- Strong knowledge and work experience withJavaSpring framework
- Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
- Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
- Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
- Strong verbal and writing skills ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and the ability to produce clear concise documentation.
- Understanding processes and standards from a compliance standpoint.
- Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
- Experience with Ruby on rails is a plus.
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].