Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
We are looking for a full stack developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. Youll be part of a cross-functional team thats responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset as part of day-to-day work.
- Ensure that the design and implementation adheres to defined specs and processes.
- Own end-to-end quality of deliverables during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate between business, product and technology in the process of understanding the requirement and coming up with implementation options.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs.
- Passionate about developing frameworks, reusable code, wants to make a difference.
- Able to evangelize innovations, through prototyping or other means and typically finds solutions to the most challenging framework level bugs and issues.
- Self-motivated and fully committed dynamic individual with ability to adapt and adjust to fast-paced environment
- Strong Problem-solving, analytical mind
- 8+ years of experience developing software as a full-stack developer
- Be a quick learner, undaunted by complex systems. Take risks and thrive in an environment of constant change.
Solid knowledge of web application frameworks such as React and Node.js .
- Proficient Java/J2EE skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with web services (REST / SOAP) and ORM. (Hibernate).
- Knowledge/experience with Spring MVC.
- Perform high quality software analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance for the PayPal core technology platform
- Spends most of the time developing code, testing, automation , and efficiently produces elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction
- Experience in refactoring existing code-base and in understanding existing implementations, with the ability to decide whether to refactor or rewrite.
- Ability to hit the ground running from day one, working on various systems and working independently.
Exposure and participation in tech events, hackathons, contributions to open source, authoring of blogs and active participation in online tech forums is a plus.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Understanding of algorithmic techniques, design patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge/experience with Unix.
- Knowledge/experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge/experience with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Curiosity about how things work and the behavior of finding the answers.
- Flexible and adapting the changing circumstances.
- Experience with iOS or Android is a plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].