Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
With close to 1.6 billion hits a day, PayPal's merchant servicing team is in the forefront of providing REST based APIs and Java based solutions to support the increasing scale with lowest latency and highest reliability. We are looking for a Senior Java engineer to join the team in this venture.
- Design multiple features in the pipeline and write Java code and Interfaces for frontend and other clients.
- Use static and dynamic cache to implement business logic, DB lookups and improve the performance.
- Develop procedures and functions using PL/SQL and develop critical reports.
- Good understanding of all phases of SDLC from requirements gathering, architecture design, development, testing, and data migration.
- Document required technical designs, components, features, modules and provide training when needed
- Must have good understanding of Payments and Credit industry Business Processes and Analytical Models.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key Business Stakeholders. Drive, support audit requests in a timely manner.
- Drive Key Tasks, Projects end to end with minimal guidance. Must be a self starter, looks for opportunities to learn and grow.
- Understand Database structures, Keys, relationships and provide support for optimisation and migration.
- Provide support for production issues and always ensure near 100% reliability of services by efficient usage of tools/monitoring
- Work within a team of highly talented engineers, product and architect to design and develop highly scalable systems
- Being involved in design meetings to propose, discuss and refine new features and functionality.
- Write tests for the existing and newly created code to maintain compatibility
- Maintain and enhance the existing architectural documentations and create the new one as needed
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvements as necessary.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle issues before they blowup.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
Required Skills include:
- 8+ years industry experience.
- Experience in developing RESTful endpoints or other SOA endpoints.
- Experience in developing backend services in Java, Spring, Hibernate.
- Demonstrable programming abilities in Java and other languages like C++, Python.
- Excellent in Data Structures, algorithmic techniques, design patterns and best coding practices.
- graphQL development knowledge would be a huge plus
- Hands on experience in Web development(React JS/Node JS) preferred
- Has a very good understanding of software systems including internals.
- Curiosity about how things work and the behavior of finding the answers. Flexible and adapting the changing circumstances, tenacious.
- Expertise on Relational databases & NoSQL databases.
- Experience with development of scalable and distributed Java services.
- Should be passionate and take pride in building systems that are used by millions of users every day.
- Technical leadership skills
- Should have good communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field is preferred
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, etc.)
- Affinity for a high-performance, project-oriented work environment ability to pivot to critical path tasks as necessary
- Team oriented individual and self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Strong technical/development background and proven ability to dig into technical details and manage deployments from end-to-end.
- Proven experience leading the design and implementation of application development programs and release management processes.
- Experience managing projects through the full development life cycle including support during pilot, rollout, and post production.
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to translate these needs into aggressive yet achievable roadmaps and delivery schedules.
- Proficient with release documentation and comfortable developing/using metrics to measure release success and identify efficiency improvement areas.
- Success in developing artifacts to support major software implementation projects with multiple stakeholders across several regions.
- Professional maturity combined with high energy and collaborate with other teams.
- Experience working in large, complex environments, with specific focus on infrastructure and/or applications development.
- Proven ability to manage diverse, highly complex problems and ability to devise solutions.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].