Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. PayPal Consumer Wallet team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Java development experience, to build futuristic and delightful mobile payment features and experiences for our diverse customer base across the globe. Member of Technical Staff 1 (Java/ Backend) - The role is for an experienced software engineer working on building futuristic and delightful payment platform features and experiences for PayPal's diverse customer base across the globe. The role will involve working with business teams, product teams, architects and engineers located across our global offices. We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be exposed to some of the most complicated problems to work on, in terms of technology and business. Building the hub can be quite challenging in terms of define, design, build, deploy, test, monitor, alert, iterate to add functionality based on feedback with backward compatibility, market pressure and the list goes on. You should have an attitude to take the challenge and provide the best for the situation as it demands, with minimal supervision.Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Be a problem solver and drive to get results
- Able to find and fix performance, scalability and other live issues in a time critical environment
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies
- Communicate effectively to peers and leadership on tasks and projects
- Collaborate closely with front-end, architecture and cross-functional teams and deliver compelling solutions
- Passion for code quality, maintainability and testability
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Engineer role
- Proven track record working with real-world projects, solid understanding of software development/delivery lifecycle
- Strong CS fundamentals, solid knowledge of OOP/OOD, GoF design patterns
- Proficiency with Java stack and JVM (memory/performance tuning, GC)
- A strong advocate of code craftsmanship, excellent coding standards, constant quality improver mindset with a bit of healthy perfectionism
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
- Proficiency in Spring Framework, Hibernate (or similar ORM), Maven, Git
- Experience with Kafka/RabbitMQ (or any message broker) as well hands-on with containerization (Docker) is a plus
- Frontend experience, as well as any other language, is also beneficial
- Prior Technical Leadership experience is a huge plus
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].