Title: Manager, Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC)Franchise Areas: Migration CenterCategory:
Services and ConsultingSubcategory:
: CSPSSI_M3Full Time/ Part Time
:Full TimeSite Location:
The Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC), which are part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization, are committed to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The WWCC streamlines the journey for customers to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and employees.Role
The Manager, Professional Services will have responsibility of leading a team of professional services delivery consultants and project managers that will provide strategic and technical consulting services for selected VMware enterprise customers and partners associated with the VMware software portfolio. You will be demonstrating the strong Business and financial acumen abilities of the engagements that you lead and drive customer projects in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a leader with broad knowledge across the VMware product franchises and of 3rd party integrated products.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest VMware product franchise technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
Work for VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure & digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation for evolving IT environments.Responsibilities
- Training, and developing top delivery leadership and individual contributor talent
- Coach and motivate the team to ensure high productivity and teamwork, and help unfold team members potential
- Establish credibility, develop, and maintain effective relationships between the services function and other business units/functions
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Project portfolio execution management in conjunction with PSO engagement and Project Managers in the team
- Overall business management within assigned geography / region / territory including supply, demand, capacity, revenue, margin, utilization, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Develop and track detailed schedules, dependencies, and critical paths
- Clearly communicate with upper management any risk areas come up with risk mitigation plans
- Interface with other internal teams to prioritize projects based on the resources available, business priorities and need
- Build and maintain fearless work environment with high level of trust and psychological safety
- Understand the competitive landscape and the impact to the solution and price
- Assist in the development of our service offerings as well as developing accelerator content, best practices, and white papers.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Leadership (performance and mentoring) on cloud migration engagement pursuits oversight of services engagement delivery
- Assisting Consulting and Project Management resources in managing deadlines and dependencies across workstreams, and coordination of project team activities
- Communicating status and vision to client management and stakeholders (especially technical leadership)
- Estimating project skill requirements, and then working with resource deployment managers to identify appropriate resources and manage their integration into the team
- Manage and develop teams of technically focused architects and engineers
- Administration and operational activities required to maintain and grow the team
- Guiding the development of technical design & deployment workstreams as part of cloud engagements
- Day-to-day team management, including regular evaluations, development plans, goal setting, annual reviews, personnel management, and mentoring
Experience and Qualifications:
- Identifying areas of process improvement, and executing on internal team development
- Developing and maintaining outside partner relationships to fill internal talent gaps and maintain project continuity
- Monitoring time entry and expenses of employees and contractors to ensure accurate entry, and evaluate overall project effort
- Overall 10+ years of experience.
- At least 7+ years experience in IT architecture & design planning for clients in a consultative practice, generating deliverables
- At least 5+ years experience in leading technical delivery project teams
- Previous experience in customer oriented, architecture and design technical roles
- English: Fluent
Skills and Qualifications
Why Choose VMware
- VMware technologies - strong architectural and technical background with the vRealize Suite and vSphere, as well as supporting products like
- Knowledge of Datacenter planning, design & architecture
- Migration Tools - Knowledge of different discovery and migration tools like vRNI, Device 42, HCX, Carbonite, RP4VM etc.
- ITIL: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
- Service Management Architecture - ITIL Strategy
- Two or more of the following certification levels preferred: VMware VCP, Any Public Cloud(Azure, AWS or Google Cloud)
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
- Make an impact on your career path grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.