- Ensure administration of valuation agency
- Ensure implementation of collateral valuation guidelines in SC Capital
- Development and management of collateral management MIS for effective portfolio tracking, triggers and exploration to assist the Risk Team in timely monitoring the various exposure and thresholds
- Support Credit and Risk team in engaging with new projects on automation for monitoring and control
- Support in implementing Local Risk strategies.
- Support towards Implementation and management of regulatory changes.
Assist Chief Risk Officer, Chief Credit Officer and Head- Credit Initiation to:
CREDIT POLICY MANAGEMENT:
- Empanelment of valuation agency post thorough due diligence
- Assist in implementation of collateral management guidelines
- Quarterly evaluation of valuation agency to monitor key performance indicators
- Monitor account level valuation and review reports and identify any issues , variation and quality of reports and add value on the technical challenges observed in report.
- Co-ordinate with credit, operations, and business team in coordinating with valuation agency and ensure collateral appraisals are delivered within agreed turn-around time
- Provide analytical insights and data for evidence-based policy decisions & communicate with the business partners and senior management
- Develop and maintain the various monitoring MIS towards effective control on the overall risk appetite of the business.
- Ensure monitoring of various application and enforcement of credit policies, processes and controls by way of developing various risk triggers and identifying gaps.
- Track and monitor the portfolio, ensure timely policy interventions to contain risk in specific subsegments as required
- Proactively manage the portfolio credit risk profile within agreed risk appetite. Reduce P&L volatility by prompt escalation of potential risks / issues to safeguard a largely &ldquosurprise free and well managed book.
- Provide insightful and robust analysis to facilitate credit policy and risk appetite discussions and decision making in the credit risk governance and management group meetings
- Supervision the implementation and enforcement of the credit policies and risk control procedures for consistent applications across markets ensure that processes are in place for the Risk Officers in Country to monitor the adherence.
- Presentation of the portfolio with robust and insightful analysis in Credit Policy Management Group meetings to facilitate risk reward trade off discussions and decisions
- Development, implementation and execution of credit policies and strategies to achieve quality portfolio.
- Development, implementation and execution of policies and strategies for effective portfolio management.
- Strategic initiatives via CRDs to explore new opportunities and challenge the effectiveness of existing policies.
- To support smooth implementation of credit polices to ensure effective execution.
- Portfolio acquisitions through Direct Assignment transactions
- Review of Policy and Process standards followed by various originators for direct assignment transaction, understand the risk profile of the underlying portfolio and the pool under review
- Identify key risk drivers for the Portfolio and design selection criteria to ensure portfolio selection process results in selection of clients meeting SCB policy thresholds and the portfolio that is expected to perform within the risk appetite of the bank
- Design execution of review process for portfolio selection, ensure compliance to regulatory and bank&rsquos internal standards.
- Monitor the performance of the portfolio post acquisition and engage with originator on regular intervals to understand the collection performance on the portfolio.
- Understand sensitivities to key risk drivers and potential stress impact on the portfolio. Monitor external factors such as state of the economy, regulatory environment and other emerging risk trends. Ensure that Portfolio Standards evolve appropriately to proactively manage changes in external environment, strategy and/or risk appetite.
- Monitor, review and control risk profiles (e.g. Risk grade migration, risk concentration, RWA) to ensure that portfolio shape is in line with strategy.
- Ensure development of quality MIS to monitor portfolio shifts via segmentation and identify risks and opportunities. Ensure MIS decks provide adequate segmentation and profitability indicators.
- Perform in-depth portfolio analysis on identified business issues.
- Conduct program tracking to ensure continuous validation of credit policies for essential program rollouts.
- Contribute to design of credit process intervention and drive automation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of portfolio management process.
- Continuously improve the way we work by driving cost effectiveness and automation of credit processes.
To exercise Process Ownership for the following processes:
- Portfolio Management Retail Clients
- CAD & CRD Credit Programs Development, Formulation, Approval and Implementation and carry out responsibilities with the support of the organizations at the Group, Country and Business levels.
- To ensure risks of processing failure are being actively controlled end-to-end.
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC.
- Participate in and / or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and group policies.
- Ensure compliance to the operational Risk Framework including the effective application of risk toolkit eg. KPIs/KRIs, CSTs and reporting.
- Ensure material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees and to Group and business level committees as appropriate.
- Prior experience to Credit Cards & Personal Loans Risk Policy
- Exposure to Credit Cards and Personal Loans analytics is a plus
- Having experience of devising policies with online aggregators / fintech risk policy experience preferred
- MS office Excel, Word
- SAS Suite, Base SAS, SAS STAT and Enterprise Miner
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Familiarity with basic analytical tools such as Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, exposure to Scorecard Development
- Good spoken and written communication
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide oversight across fraud risk management team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct in the country fraud risk management team to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture
- Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews for the areas of work.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Investments & Loans Ltd (SC CAPITAL). This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
About Standard Chartered
- Internal stakeholders
- Risk Managers
- Business teams
- Credit Initiation
- System Development / Technology
- Legal and Compliance
- Group Credit
- Collections and Recoveries
- External stakeholders
- Auditors and Regulators
- Associations (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and other Regional / Local forums), Credit Bureaus and peer Banks
- Law Enforcement agencies
- Suppliers, vendors and consultants
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thingand are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle,continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together,we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter,we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-offincluding annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible workingoptions based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing supportthrough Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning cultureto support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation,one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments -some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website