About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The Technical SRE will be a key member of Trade Service improvement, addressing the technical debts identified during Production. Being the Key technical team for service resumption. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, Production Service.Software Delivery
- Good exposure to banking domain and banking products in terms ofclear understanding of product architecture, product design and Configuration/parameters required to change to accommodate requests for customization.
- Responsible for delivering SRE team delivery on production fixes and initiatives.
- Expected to continue to build upon domain knowledge and technical/ proprietary skills to reach levels of industry acknowledgement.
- Works as a guide and independently sets directions.
- Works on problems of highly complex scope, through expert usage of non-standard concepts & principles requiring high levels of judgement & interpretation.
- Determines a course of action, offer multiple solutions to problems through existing and new methodologies and then exercises judgement to determine most appropriate solution. Requires expert knowledge of multiple development technologies. Applies advanced knowledge and experience to the development of new methods, programs and procedures. The role would offer expertise cutting across units and would make tactical decisions which will have an impact on the business. Manages divergent interest and perspectives. Advises Sr Management on specialised technical issues. Conducts, supports and reports research in ones own area of expertise. Is responsible for capability development of the team/ unit.
- Requires sound technical knowledge combined with reasonable understanding of business issues. Has the ability to correlate technical issues with business environment. Advanced project and people management skills are required. Responsible for conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports & reviewing the same for indirect reports. End to end people management responsibilities for the assigned group. Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to plan, negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations. Consults with senior management. Responsible for managing the career growth, motivation & retention for the assigned group
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions &ndashdeep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role
- Collaborate with stakeholders to make strategic design, new features and functionality
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Good Stakeholder Management Skills
- Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit
- Ensure adherence to Systems Development Framework and control processes
- Ensure delivery of all software artefacts
Our Ideal CandidateEducational Qualification/Certification:
- Business and Operations (Product Owners)
- Tribe Leads
- Chapter Leads
- Trade IT Team
- Interface IT Teams
- Technology Services Teams
- Production Support Teams
Advanced Proficiency in:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
- JAVA Certification preferred
- Micro-services development using Springboot
- Technical Stack (Backend): Java, Spring, Spring Cloud, Mongo & Oracle or Postgres databases, Elasticsearch, Hazelcast, Kafka, REST APIs, JSON/YML,
- Technical Tools: Confluence/Jira/Bitbucket or Git, CI / CD (Maven, Git, Jenkins), Eclipse or Intelij IDEA
- Agile development experience
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using Apigee/APIM, converting web services from SOAP to REST
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools desirable
- Experience with Unix, Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Integration frameworks (e.g., Mule, Camel) desirable
- Knowledge on Container/Cloud platforms like Kubernetes/Docker, AWS/Azure
- Experience in event driven architectures (CQRS and SAGA patterns).
- Relevant experience of 12 years
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.