About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.Purpose
- The role holder will be a part of the new stress testing hub being created in Bangalore.
- Enterprise stress testing comprises the stress tests required by the Group, regions, country and risk management teams, and other senior stakeholders as required to inform Risk Appetite and the stress tests required by the Bank%26rsquo;s regulators.
- The team has responsibility for the execution of the Bank%26rsquo;s stress test exercises internally and to external regulators. It is also the centre of excellence for all strategic changes and operational controls, compliance attestation and policy setting for stress testing in the enterprise. As such, this individual will be working as part of a cohesive %26ldquo;strategy and execution%26rdquo; function. The team sets and runs the production schedule for stress testing.
- The intent of the hub is to primarily run central workstream production tasks and sub-tasks during the running of each stress test exercise utilising ITO (Group IT) supported technology and produce management reporting on the same.
- The candidate is expected to prepare quantitative credit stress test outcomes %26ndash; coordinating with various teams within the Stress Test Execution team to ensure quality credit risk stress test outputs in enterprise stress testing exercises (covering all the Group, Regions and Countries)
- In addition, he/she should be able to provide valuable inputs to help identify opportunities to improve on credit risk stress testing current processes and own quantitative changes and change requests.
- Responsible for the stress testing data sourcing and preparations, methodological calculations including the use of existing infrastructure and technology, producing quantitative charts and packs and other related requirements.
- Build strong relationships with Credit Risk workstream leads and owners who are based in global locations.
- Deliver a high quality Structured Template Data (STDF) Templates, as per the requirements set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) in the Bank of England (BoE) stress test and other similar date requirements issued by the likes of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) or Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Ensure that the stress testing methods employed are compliant with EST procedures and any deviation is properly documented and approved.
- Ensure compliance with the Operational Risk Framework requirements and that quantitative controls are in place and executed in full.
- Drive improvements in the stress testing computations and automate manual processes for more efficiency and productivity.
- Manage all correspondence via their nominated work stream leads, support functions and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with governance related aspects of EST production and delivery
- This is a rapidly evolving space so the role holder must be comfortable with ambiguity and change.
The role holder is responsible for the following in undertaking the role:
- Deliver on the Credit Risk requirements for the Enterprise-wide Stress Testing (EST) exercises across the Group
- Carry out the EST stress testing analytics work for Retail Clients, Private Banking and Corporate and Institutional clients.
- Ensure compliance to EST procedures, methodologies and controls.
- Manage any all governance related aspects of the execution of credit risk testing
- Drive process improvements and best practices for more efficiency and productivity
- Lead and manage the support staff necessary for the production of credit risk stress calculation for with a focus on the banking book (this could be in one or all of wholesale, retail and private banking / wealth management)
- Support development and maintenance of underlying models to enhance credit risk stress testing methodology.
- Deliver adequate documentation on stress testing methodology subject to management, model validation, audit %26amp; regulatory scrutiny.
- Deliver on the operational risk framework for the credit risk stress test process.
People and Talent
- The role holder will need to support the establishment and documentation of all processes and effective controls for the new hub in accordance with the broader stress testing team
- The role holder will need to support development and stabilisation a newly formed team, working across geographies
- Ensure all activity adheres to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, relevant policies and standards, with a specific focus on ensuring an effective framework for the management of operational risks as they pertain to the role.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Deliver %26lsquo;effective governance%26rsquo;; capability to challenge colleagues effectively, or escalate appropriately; and willingness to work in an open and cooperative manner with all.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank%26rsquo;s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Stress Testing Team
- Enterprise Risk Management members
- Key Risk colleagues
- Business leadership
- Risk Transformation Programme Team
- Key operations and technology partners / vendors
- As delegated by line management from time to time.
The role holder will have experience in:
- Regulatory analytics in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and Banking regulations
- CFA/FRM certification will be preferred
- Working across geographies and timezones
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Robust skills for qualitative and quantitative analysis e.g. financial and process
- Excellent academic background, preferably with a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
- Understanding of SCB%26rsquo;s key footprint markets will be added plus
The role holder should comply with all mandatory e-learning as prescribed from time to time.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.