- Identifies and shares best practices with Regional Head with a view to implementing standardized, simplified and automated processes capturing data once, addressing cause not effect, minimizing non-value-added and duplicated activities, reducing TAT, maximizing paperless processing & deskilling of activities
- Engages in high level discussions with internal and external stakeholders to understand needs (including outsourcing plans) in order to develop fit for country strategies
- Executes and implements fit for country plans that are aligned to the bank&rsquos strategy and roadmap
- Deliver Operations business efficiency target
- Drive adoption of digital banking initiatives
- Constantly reviews and improve on service standards and SLA
- Brokers the interest and support of senior colleagues to further develop service levels
- Is transparent with the business when making cost/ benefits &ldquotrade offs
- Record and share stakeholder errors/feedback to better ratio of STP
People & Talent
- Participates in the initial agreement of service standards with stakeholders and evaluate impact to operations
- Participates in customer/stakeholder meetings, help structure deals and review/attain/benchmark service standards & maintain cross border relationships
- Maintains service level agreement metrics on turnaround and accuracy
- Effective stakeholder engagement to understand and fulfill the needs of internal and external clients
- Uses metrics to drive decisions around service delivery improvements
- Maintains and improve service levels & customer expectations
- Work on one bank agenda to deliver superior service to the customers/stakeholders.
- Effectively use BOLD leavers and data to monitor and improve service delivery.
- Employer of choice People seek you out to be their manager
- Maintains a &ldquohealthy level of attrition
- Beats budgets and creates scale for year-on-year continuous improvement
- Maintains an efficient capacity model
- Promotes Unit Training
- Proven succession plans, ie roles get filled by people in succession plan
- Ensures a no surprises culture no failed audits
- Manages the maintenance of operational integrity throughout the unit
- Understands market practices, awareness of local regulations, group and business policies, business standard procedures and best practices
- Establishes a performance culture around Risk Management using root cause analysis and corrective action planning as key elements of operational risk management
- Proactively identifies, assesses and mitigates risk issues
- Timely substantiation of all accounts and reporting to finance
- Timely escalation of all incidents to appropriate authorities as per reporting framework
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Elements of operational risk management Proactively identifies, assesses and mitigates risk issues
- Establishes a clear, well tested continuity plan
- Manages process requirements of risk mgmt. framework
- Ensures appropriate follow through of audit findings
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Retail Onboarding teamOther Responsibilities
Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in India Lending Operations west team Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures Multiple functions (double hats)
- Establishes set processes to capture new ideas on digitization and STPs
- Ensure migration of best practice
- Networks and maintains contact with external sources to keep track of developments in area of expertise
- Work on one bank agenda to deliver speedy and innovative solutions to customers.
About Standard Chartered
- Graduate from any stream preferred with any post graduation degree
- 4-5 years experience as a people manager who can manage a team
- Able to manage costs, timelines & deliver projects
- Able to analyse and manage risks
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website